A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

So looking back at the Transformers posts from last year, Trf4 opened to 6.5 midnights, smashing the previous record.  Now F7 does 8 million.

Transformers 4 also opened on Friday in China and had a good opening day and a good increase on Saturday,  From what I'm reading, the OD was 27.5 mill and then actuals put it at 30 mill and then Saturday jumped to 34 mill.

so put that into F7 perspective and a 50 mill OD is fucking monstrous.  It might not hit 300 mill, but then again it might.  Transformers had the Chinese market all to itself for an unprecedented amount of time, I don't think F7 will.

So 250 looks like its going down for sure.

If you want to check out the Transformers talk in this thread, start at about page 668

• Like 1

So looking back at the Transformers posts from last year, Trf4 opened to 6.5 midnights, smashing the previous record.  Now F7 does 8 million.

Transformers 4 also opened on Friday in China and had a good opening day and a good increase on Saturday,  From what I'm reading, the OD was 27.5 mill and then actuals put it at 30 mill and then Saturday jumped to 34 mill.

so put that into F7 perspective and a 50 mill OD is fucking monstrous.  It might not hit 300 mill, but then again it might.  Transformers had the Chinese market all to itself for an unprecedented amount of time, I don't think F7 will.

So 250 looks like its going down for sure.

If you want to check out the Transformers talk in this thread, start at about page 668

You got the midnights wrong. TF4 did 20.8m yuan. That is just 3.3m usd. Furious 7 did like 2.5x TF4 midnights and looks like doing 2x TF4 OD.

• Like 2

$270m is also my latest prediction. Can't add a table in this thread on my computor... Here is the table (#1718): http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3176409073?pn=55

So it has a legitimate shot at 300M since 1 or 2 great holds will push it there.   :D Now, I need China to come in droves for TA2. Hopefully, 250M+ happens in that case as well.  :D

• Like 1

You got the midnights wrong. TF4 did 20.8m yuan. That is just 3.3m usd. Furious 7 did like 2.5x TF4 midnights and looks like doing 2x TF4 OD.

Yea, you're right....I was looking at the early numbers, not the actuals.

Thanks for clearing it up.

And even including previews, Canada being included in the domestic OD (around 10% of the population) means China probably had the biggest OD on a country-to-country basis.

Btw what's the average ticket price in China ?

Edited by Cynosure
  • Like 1