A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

52 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm not sure what youre saying, but its very clearly intentional in a way that, say, Frozen is not.

Not according to is director I think:

https://www.out.com/film/2021/6/22/luca-director-says-film-about-pre-romance-time-boys-lives

I will have to see, but the fact people saw anything near that in Frozen make me thing that people wish to see it and project it.

For example when you watch Top Gun you start to see things everywhere, at one point the female romantic lead wear a baseball cap, one can thing it is to masculinize her has an gay allegory, in reality that scene was made later during the reshoot and her hair had changed and that was a quick easy way thought for continuity.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

https://www.out.com/film/2021/6/22/luca-director-says-film-about-pre-romance-time-boys-lives

I will have to see, but the fact people saw anything near that in Frozen make me thing that people wish to see it and project it.

That dude is definitely lying or he's the most oblivious man on the planet. The characters may not be gay but it's definitely an allegory for it.

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm not sure what youre saying, but its very clearly intentional in a way that, say, Frozen is not.

I think one coming out gag at the end (nothing to do with the title character or his buddy) does add to that subtext reading. 

3 hours ago, RRA said:

I think one coming out gag at the end (nothing to do with the title character or his buddy) does add to that subtext reading. 

Plus the part of him being sent away to a place where his desire to go to the surface would be "converted" out of him...

20 hours ago, Barnack said:

For example when you watch Top Gun you start to see things everywhere, at one point the female romantic lead wear a baseball cap, one can thing it is to masculinize her has an gay allegory, in reality that scene was made later during the reshoot and her hair had changed and that was a quick easy way thought for continuity.

Yeah, I think it's up to each person's perception, that's why headcanon and canon exist.

Edited by Arian1010

39 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

1.9m presales for FG end of today. Final PS probably 6m. 20-25m od. Assuming good wom 75-105m ($12-16M) weekend.

Raging Fire will finally dethroned after 4 weekends being on top.

The irony is that Raging Fire dethroned Free Guy in Hong Kong last weekend. Haha. Role reversal.

I think FG will hit 100m in its opening weekend; other than Raging Fire having legit WoM and good legs - it is in its 5th weekend; and the other new openers are weak. FG literally have 0 competition.

Edited by TigerPaw