A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

BP2 may just make 100-200M yuan, since its reception in HK and SK are not so positive, plus it opens right after D+ release.

ANTMAN 3 could try 500-600M if wom is good.

Titanic 25 years will probably be a limited re-release, one of old Detective Conan movies will get re-issued too.

• Like 1

I think people generally forgot BP itself is a less overseas friendly franchise among MCU. In fact, this has the lowest overseas gross for MCU film in 2022 despite being the biggest MCU domestic grosser.  Unless marvel fanbase in China rush out for first MCU film since 2019, I don't see how a 3 months old movies can make significant business, not to mention local films from lunar new year period are still very likely actively playing in early-Feb.

• Like 1

Honestly releasing Black Panther now that Antman is coming out doesn't seem like a great idea, at this point they could have directly skipped all of them or on the contrary the could release all the previous films in the coming months, especially No Way Home since it was probably the only great one 😑

Edited by MG10

4 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

As far as what I know,the wandering Earth 2 is not a good movie,have some problem on plot ,story and emotion,the special effect is good

So I don’t think the movie gonna break out,but…everything is uncertain now,we need to wait

Have you seen the list of highest grossing films in China? Good stories are plots are in short supply.

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I hope No Way Home gets a release as well. Sony could do a "Director's cut". 

There is zero percent chance of that happening anytime soon. Apparently Sony was permanently banned from Weibo recently for “insulting” a Chinese national hero who died during the Korean war. 

Japanese electronics giant Sony banned from posting on Chinese microblogging site Weibo for ‘violating laws’

6 minutes ago, Clear Sky Master said:

Even if they change the patches it’s not going to pass Chinese censorship due to its promotion of the US military. 

Please Stop guessing just by your personal opinion without any evidence

We import many US military movie,not all the kind of movie banned

Edited by Sophia Jane