A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

• Founder / Operator

Where is this proof someone spoke of regarding Looper in China?I'm editing the thread title until something else comes to light. Sony says $23-25 million -- that's the official number for now, disputed or not.

Gotta back Shawn here. Sony is about as official as it gets and if someone asked them point blank, "is that number in yuan or in dollars?" and they respond that it is in dollars, then until there is an official source stating otherwise, it is highly possible that the website is mistaken. After all, that's all we're going with here.

• Founder / Operator

Gotta back Shawn here. Sony is about as official as it gets and if someone asked them point blank, "is that number in yuan or in dollars?" and they respond that it is in dollars, then until there is an official source stating otherwise, it is highly possible that the website is mistaken. After all, that's all we're going with here.

That's really it in a nutshell. Honestly, a part of me HOPES the website is right because it would hopefully spur some more accurate box office reporting by the studios for international territories like China in the future (which probably isn't far off anyway).But we spoke directly with Sony about it on Monday after Baumer tipped me about the confusion, and they told us "yes, it was meant to represent dollars". :wacko: Edited by ShawnMR

See, I was correct, Sony will just lie about from here on out to save face. There's no way they are correct.

If Looper made $25m for the 3-day weekend, I would have seen tons of people at my screening, but there was about 4-6 people. The cinema near me said that it's doing ok business, but not as good as local titles.

Tuesday:1. TaiChi / 太极 13.5m yuan $2.14m ---- Cume 60m yuan $9.52m2. Looper 12.6M yuan $2m ---- Cume 53m yuan $8.41m3. Double Xposure / 二次曝光 10m yuan $1.58m ---- Cume 37m yuan $5.87m4. The Assassins /铜雀台 8.5m yuan $1.34m ---- Cume 50m yuan $7.93m5. Dangerous liaisons / 危险关系 4.5m yuan $0.71m ---- Cume 34m yuan $5.39mBasically stayed flat

Wednesday:1. TaiChi / 太极 13m yuan $2.06m ---- Cume 73m+ yuan $11.6m2. Looper 12M yuan $1.9m ---- Cume 64m yuan $10.17m3. Double Xposure / 二次曝光 9.5m yuan $1.5m ---- Cume 46m yuan $7.3m4. The Assassins /铜雀台 8m yuan $1.34m ---- Cume 57m yuan $9m5. Dangerous liaisons / 危险关系 4m yuan $0.63m ---- Cume 37m yuan $5.87mSmall drop for all. Edited by firedeep