A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

So when do you guys think it will cross a billion WW?

Box Office Mojo :" It's a foregone conclusion that Age of Extinction winds up over $1 billion, and it could even get past $1.1 billion."

You should asked so when do you guys thik it will cross $1.1 billion WW instead? ;) 

Edited by A K A

Box Office Mojo :" It's a foregone conclusion that Age of Extinction winds up over $1 billion, and it could even get past $1.1 billion."

You should asked so when do you guys thik it will cross $1.1 billion WW instead? ;) 

It was easy to predict that TF4 will make a billion dollars or more based on its first week box office.

The only down side is that it will make about $100 million less in USA that TF3 did, however China alone took care of that difference and with the obvious increases expected from most international markets TF4 may close over $1.1 billion which would unfortunately put it in the best top ten movies of all time worldwide.

Edited by Annayya

Monday est 
Transformers 4 25.3M/$4.08M Total : 1749M/$282.1M(18 days)
Old Boy:The Way of The Dragon 16M/$2.6M, Total : 119M/$19.2M(5 days)
The Breakup Guru 13.9M/$2.24M, Total : 583M/$94.03M(18 days)

Edited by A K A
  • Like 3

It was easy to predict that TF4 will make a billion dollars or more based on its first week box office.

The only down side is that it will make about $100 million less in USA that TF3 did, however China alone took care of that difference and with the obvious increases expected from most international markets TF4 may close over $1.1 billion which would unfortunately put it in the best top ten movies of all time worldwide.

Which other big markets is T4 having an increase in? So far it looks like it will decrease in SK, Australia and the UK.

Monday est 

Transformers 4 25.3M/$4.08M Total : 1749M/$282.1M(18 days)

Old Boy:The Way of The Dragon 16M/$2.6M, Total : 119M/$19.2M(5 days)

The Breakup Guru 13.9M/$2.24M, Total : 583M/$94.03M(18 days)

With that Monday number TF4 should make it pass $300mil with no drama, right?

Even if it makes only $2mil the next 3 days and makes another $10mil this weekend that will put the total up to $298mil, surely it can make another $2mil the rest of it's run.

Yeah you guys have been saying that for ages, I just didn't want to believe it then. It seemed too good to be true. :P

I wasn't saying it, I had to ask the posters in here....long ago they said 300 was a possibility so i believed them.

Yeah you guys have been saying that for ages, I just didn't want to believe it then. It seemed too good to be true. :P

First they said $250M and then $270M and now $300M.  They may say $350M next week! who know?  :P

Edited by A K A