A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

10 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Wow, China doesn't give a SHIT about Peanuts.

5 hours ago, quigquag33 said:

Question is, why would they?

Yeah, I was wondering too. As far as I know that series wasn't on Chinese TV's in the (at least farer away) past, why should they be interested?

Sunday Estimates

Exfiles2 36.4M/110M

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials 29M/136M/$21.4m

Everest 13.1m/73.7m/$11.6m

The Last Woman Standing 11.3M/39.2M

The Witness 9.2M/197M

Snoopy 8m/19.8M$3.1M

Hotel Transylvania II  6M/102M/$16.1M

ANT-MAN  2.2M/668M 

• Like 7

[Kung Fu Panda 3, hiring a Chinese script writer and voiceover experts. The Chinese version has its own director, Teng Huatao, who has directed various romantic TV series and films including "Love is Not Blind".

"When you look at the Chinese version of 'Kung Fu Panda 3,' you will feel the film is really made for Chinese audiences. All the characters behave in Chinese ways, it is really original. It looks nothing like a translated English version."

The most outstanding thing this time is the Chinese version was specially made based on Chinese language environment and culture, not just simple dubbing. The dialogue lines and even the animated characters' lip shapes were designed to make it more Chinese rather than making Chinese people feel foreign and exotic.]

• Like 2

22 hours ago, The Good Olive said:

Very few people know what Snoopy is, and basically no marketing for movie.

I think Fox semi-tried, but fact is they had two films releasing within days of each other.  I'm wondering if they regret pushing for Peanuts now that Scorch Trials got shoved down early Nov...guess not, better to have a flop than see the slot go to another studio and succeed?  Oh and no one in this forum commenting on Everest?

6 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

[Kung Fu Panda 3, hiring a Chinese script writer and voiceover experts. The Chinese version has its own director, Teng Huatao, who has directed various romantic TV series and films including "Love is Not Blind".

"When you look at the Chinese version of 'Kung Fu Panda 3,' you will feel the film is really made for Chinese audiences. All the characters behave in Chinese ways, it is really original. It looks nothing like a translated English version."

The most outstanding thing this time is the Chinese version was specially made based on Chinese language environment and culture, not just simple dubbing. The dialogue lines and even the animated characters' lip shapes were designed to make it more Chinese rather than making Chinese people feel foreign and exotic.]

KFP3 is officially certificated as a China-US co produced animated film, the first ever. SARFT directors publicly praised it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Archerdude said:

I think Fox semi-tried, but fact is they had two films releasing within days of each other.  I'm wondering if they regret pushing for Peanuts now that Scorch Trials got shoved down early Nov...guess not, better to have a flop than see the slot go to another studio and succeed?  Oh and no one in this forum commenting on Everest?

Fox could have submited Fantastic 4 instead of Snoopy and made more money. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Monday Estimates

Exfiles2 17.2M/126M

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials 9.7M/146M 

Everest  5m/78.7m 

The Last Woman Standing 4.4M/43.7M

The Witness 3.2M/200M

Snoopy 0.7m/20.5M

Hotel Transylvania II  0.7M/103M

ANT-MAN  0.6M/669M

• Like 5

8 hours ago, The Good Olive said:

Ridley Scott, Matt Damon and Sebastian Stan will come to China to promote The Martian.

What do you think it will make there in USD?  100m? 150m? More? 

Really curious how much it makes there because China plays a key role in the film.

3 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

What do you think it will make there in USD?  100m? 150m? More? 

Really curious how much it makes there because China plays a key role in the film.

I think it's locked to beat Gravity($70m), and possible to come close to Interstellar($120m).

14 hours ago, The Good Olive said:

I think it's locked to beat Gravity($70m), and possible to come close to Interstellar($120m).

Yea but it is not as slam-bang as Armageddon and not as straight forward as Gravity. In fact I am surprised the less action-oriented Interstellar did $120M, more than Gravity

Wednesday Estimates

Exfiles2 25.8M/169M

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials 11.8M/167M 

My Original Dream 7.4m OD

Everest  6.2m/90m 

The Last Woman Standing 6.2M/54.2M

The Witness 3.6M/208M

Hotel Transylvania II  0.8M/105M

ANT-MAN  0.6M/671M

Snoopy 0.4m/21.5M

Friday Showtimes

SPECTRE 54%