前任2:备胎反击战 28.4%

The Last Woman Standing 19%

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials 18.7%

Everest 9.4%

Snoopy 8.8%

The Witness 7%

ANT-MAN  1.7%

Hotel Transylvania II  1.7%

What a crowded week, 3 new wide releases on Friday.

Ant-man will  finish around 665m, and HT2 won't make much more than 100M yuan.

GML will not beat AOU after all.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, quigquag33 said:

It's a shame for Ant-Man. It was doing so well. Sub-50% drops and whatnot.

Not really. I was hoping for 400M yuan so this is all gravy. Nobody expected 665M/$105M+. Great run in China which bodes well for future Marvel new IPs. Dr. Strange, BP, Inhumans and Captain Marvel should all make well over $100M+. 

I didn't expect Ex Files 2 to get a lot of showtimes because the first movie was a box office disappointment. I don't think The Witness will reach 300M with the way things are going. I expected more from the Maze Runner too.

Guess it's just a slow month.

1 hour ago, The Good Olive said:

Sony is expecting 1.2b yuan...

Really. They're setting themselves up for failure with that mind set. 100M+ should happen but it's legs are going to be cut off with glut of Hollywood and Chinese releases. 

In 2012, the average blockbuster in China was making about $50m: TDKR, TASM, Skyfall, ... Today, an average blockbuster is landing somewhere between $100-$120m (Hobbit 3, San Andreas, Ant-Man, ...). That is the most logical amount for Spectre, IMHO. I would say about 750m Yuan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peachy said:

I didn't expect Ex Files 2 to get a lot of showtimes because the first movie was a box office disappointment. I don't think The Witness will reach 300M with the way things are going. I expected more from the Maze Runner too.

Guess it's just a slow month.

It surprises me, Ex File 2 got more showtimes than TMR2.

Yes, the first one is really bad.

Imports always dominate Nov box office. Ex File 2 maybe the only one local movie to win weekend.    

5 hours ago, peludo said:

In 2012, the average blockbuster in China was making about $50m: TDKR, TASM, Skyfall, ... Today, an average blockbuster is landing somewhere between $100-$120m (Hobbit 3, San Andreas, Ant-Man, ...). That is the most logical amount for Spectre, IMHO. I would say about 750m Yuan.

Then again MI4 made $100m in China in early 2012  - $40m more than Skyfall - and made $134m this year.

• Like 1

So POint Break will be the last Hollywood release in China this year and "Typically, imported movies are blocked from release in China during December and early January". And there's chinese new year in February so when they'll release Star Wars there? Mid-January and for three weeks only?

1 hour ago, bapi said:

POint

Star Wars will get a 30 day release like all other imported movies, but yes there's always a possibility a local film can come out during the run and steal some of its thunder. Point Break is not on the list of films in 2015, not sure where you got that info. 

Edited by jiangsen

44 minutes ago, jiangsen said:

Star Wars will get a 30 day release like all other imported movies, but yes there's always a possibility a local film can come out during the run and steal some of its thunder. Point Break is not on the list of films in 2015, not sure where you got that info. 

'Point Break' to Open in China 3 Weeks Before U.S. Release