A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Typical monday drop for a toon. I think college Is out but not granmar school. XMA and WC held much better.

XMA only going to have 2% of shows this weekend. Wil get to 800m/$121.7m, just short of SW7s $125m.

WC will have 10% of shows. Will be close to $225m on sunday. Looking $230 final now

Dory will get over $30m and not much more.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

Typical monday drop for a toon. I think college Is out but not granmar school. XMA and WC held much better.

XMA only going to have 2% of shows this weekend. Wil get to 800m/$121.7m, just short of SW7s $125m.

WC will have 10% of shows. Will be close to $225m on sunday. Looking $230 final now

Dory will get over $30m and not much more.

What are your predictions for Independence Day & NYSM2 coming up if you don't mind me asking?

Just now, VinceMichaudC said:

What are your predictions for Independence Day & NYSM2 coming up if you don't mind me asking?

PS are NYSM2 4.3m and ID2 3.4m.

Maybe OD/OW will be

NYSM2 55-70m/175-220m  $27-33m OW 

ID2 45-55m/150-175m  $23-27m OW

Either OW could pop with WoM and unless they have great WOM they wont do more than 2x OW. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

PS are NYSM2 4.3m and ID2 3.4m.

Maybe OD/OW will be

NYSM2 55-70m/175-220m  $27-33m OW 

ID2 45-55m/150-175m  $23-27m OW

Either OW could pop with WoM and unless they have great WOM they wont do more than 2x OW. 

That ID 2 is lower than previous expectation by far. I heard even 2B, lol. Alien is out-dated imo. 

I guess among this Fri 3 openers, Three maybe have best wom but definitely lowest box office.

59 minutes ago, Lihongkim said:

That ID 2 is lower than previous expectation by far. I heard even 2B, lol. Alien is out-dated imo. 

I guess among this Fri 3 openers, Three maybe have best wom but definitely lowest box office.

it was thought to be big in domestic as well originally but now is expected to be well short of $200m. No will smith and not good buzz

Edited by No Prisoners

TUESDAY est

WC 19.7m/1388m

FD 10.2M/140M

X   9.6M/776M (Will be 790M after Thursday, 800M still possible even it will lose most showtimes on Friday)

Edited by Olive
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Olive said:

TUESDAY est

WC 19.7m/1388m

FD 10.2M/140M

X   9.6M/776M (Will be 790M after Thursday, 800M still possible even it will lose most showtimes on Friday)

800m should happen no problem IMO

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Olive said:

Showtimes on Friday will be around 1%...

Thats not much i agree. But with the great legs its showing its possible that its at 793 by thursday. 

Cant see the rest being a problem

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Haha, Olive spoke about it 2 days back, go back 2 pages and you will see!

OD was 4.5x PS. The highest Ive ever seen .  I thought that was bit odd considering PS exploded early and the PS multi should have been lower than normal. Not exactly a walk up movie for the GA. If they discover fraud and reduce BO Like IP, the sequel gets axed and June will be down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

OD was 4.5x PS. The highest Ive ever seen .  I thought that was bit odd considering PS exploded early and the PS multi should have been lower than normal. Not exactly a walk up movie for the GA. If they discover fraud and reduce BO Like IP, the sequel gets axed and June will be down.

Could june be down from last year? Cause Apr/May are already down, July looks likely as well considering last July was really big.If June is down as well that really doesn't look too good does it?