10 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Xiayun at worldofkj posted this

Midnight #s:

NYSM2 - 6.2m yuan
ID2 - 5.56m

Friday #s so far (w/o midnight):

NYSM2 - 25m yuan
ID2 - 16m

NYSM2 is doing very well and has legs. ID2 is falling way behind. It won't have legs because WOM isn't good.

Do you have an OD prediction for each? 

12 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

ID1 was not constant action and could be considered "too slow". If this is similar it may not do well. 

Yes. That's why the IMDB rating is dropping fast. Many of the asian moviegoers want constant action from this type of film. I think I know why fox cut 20-30 mins from the movie. It probably had more character development and some cool vfx shots, but not action scenes. 

That's why I said, it won't have legs anywhere.

NYSM2 Pacing 85-95m

ID2 60-65m  almost tied with NYSM2 in PS for Sat n Sun

WC 6-7m mite fall short of AoUs 1.463b total

FD 5-6m it will get close to 200m/$30m and that's about it

XMA 1.2-1.4m. That ill be enough to get it to 800m by Thursday.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Olive said:

Friday EST

NYSM2 95.5M incl. 5.9M midnights

IDR   77.5m  incl. 5.1M midnights

Three  23.3M

WC 6.3m/1427m
Dory 5.1m/163m
X 1.15m/794m 

All below expectations, especially IDR. I hope Hollywood realize that casting Asian Stars in cameo appearances is useless, especially Asian Stars with no acting ability or can't really speak english.. 

Anyway Warcraft fudged again today, but no1 seems to care. Gosh..

28 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

All below expectations, especially IDR. I hope Hollywood realize that casting Asian Stars in cameo appearances is useless, especially Asian Stars with no acting ability or can't really speak english.. 

Anyway Warcraft fudged again today, but no1 seems to care. Gosh..

Yeah, totally useless, some Chinese sees it as a negative if they spot Chinese actors in a supposedly "American" movie...

42 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Yeah, totally useless, some Chinese sees it as a negative if they spot Chinese actors in a supposedly "American" movie...

I think it might work if those roles weren't cameos, or those people are good actors. And I think Hollywood can't differentiate that.
Eg: Jackie Chan, Jet Li in Hollywood films will work. And I would say Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen in Rogue One, their characters seem pretty important... will work.

But not Jay Chou's 5min cameo in NYSM2 or Angelababy's 20min yet unimportant role in ID2....
Some actors just seems like a natural fit, while others seems so forced.

I think the issue is that many Chinese feels that Hollywood is pushing too hard to earn their money, and its backfiring. So many people are hoping these 2 film flops so Hollywood will stop using such techniques to trick them of their money.

• Like 2