A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

OD was 4.5x PS. The highest Ive ever seen .  I thought that was bit odd considering PS exploded early and the PS multi should have been lower than normal. Not exactly a walk up movie for the GA. If they discover fraud and reduce BO Like IP, the sequel gets axed and June will be down.

The weird thing is this. While Ip Man 3 was reported to the Authorities by many members of the public in China, nothing seems to be happening for WC. People are just commenting on forums and weibo, but I haven't actually seen anyone saying that they have reported to the Bureau.
I do hope that the Film Bureau is aware of the allegations and is investigating it, but right now... no words from them yet from what I am seeing..

It might be more of a KFP3 than Ip Man 3. Ip Man 3 had a weak distributor and less influential therefore they couldn't protect themselves, but KFP3 and Monster Hunt both fudged up box office but their distributors were big and powerful that no legal action is taken against them... and it seems like the same case may be happening with WC. Authorities just turning a blind eye.. Netizens can talk all they want, but the fraud may never be out Black and White.

Just now, NCsoft said:

Could june be down from last year? Cause  Apr/May are already down, July looks likely as well considering last July was really big.If June is down as well that really doesn't look too good does it?

Dp

Edited by No Prisoners

Just now, NCsoft said:

Could june be down from last year? Cause  Apr/May are already down, July looks likely as well considering last July was really big.If June is down as well that really doesn't look too good does it?

Its pacing to be up 8% at 3.55b. They took away 300m from IP and reduced March's total. If a similar action happened than It could make june negative YoY.

July could be down. 30% growth cant last for ever. Will be the first negative quarter.  It was due to flatten out based on the BO to GDP ratio of other countries.

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

http://deadline.com/2016/06/huahua-media-star-trek-beyond-investment-china-paramount-1201777164/

Huahua Media is making its first global investment in a tentpole with Par and Skydance’s STB. The Chinese studio has a pre-existing relationship with Paramount

The production arm of Jack Ma’s e-commerce giant is now also in STB and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows. The latter bows in the Middle Kingdom this weekend whileStar Trek begins its rollout July 19. The China release date has not yet been confirmed, but if it follows a similar pattern to last year’s M:I5 and Terminator, it could slot in towards the end of the summer.

Thursday est

WC 15.5m/1421m

Dory 8.9m/158m

X 8.6m/793m 

NYSM2 5.6m midnights

IDR  4.8m midnights

WC will make less than 20M this weekend, 1.5B is dead.

Dory may not reach 200M

X may fall short of 800M

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Olive said:

Thursday est

WC 15.5m/1421m

Dory 8.9m/158m

X 8.6m/793m 

NYSM2 5.6m midnights

IDR  4.8m midnights

WC will make less than 20M this weekend, 1.5B is dead.

Dory may not reach 200M

X may fall short of 800M

Sigh..terrible for IDR. I doubt it will have any legs if South Korea's second day is any indication.

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Sigh..terrible for IDR. I doubt it will have any legs if South Korea's second day is any indication.

Don't discount China's love of sci-fi/disaster films. This one is gonna have legs and get over 1B no problem.