A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

I think you are being a little harsh guys. IW was being talked about in the 220 range. To have it settle in at less than 200 is a bit surprising.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I think you are being a little harsh guys. IW was being talked about in the 220 range. To have it settle in at less than 200 is a bit surprising.

The truth is the worst troll.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

"Talk". Fact is fact, it broke the OW record, even if it's just in usd. 

We had the exact same conversation back in the DOM thread a few weeks ago. It didn't break TFA adjusted weekend, and it didn't break 275M like many had predicted before that. Chill out.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Gavin Feng kept saying that he would be happy with above 180 and later to above Ff8. The 220-260 etc were upward projections based on if IW played like an FF8 movie, but it seems to work more like a Marvel movie.

2 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

"Talk". Fact is fact, it broke the OW record, even if it's just in usd. 

We had the exact same conversation back in the DOM thread a few weeks ago. It didn't break TFA adjusted weekend, and it didn't break 275M like many had predicted before that. Chill out.

No need to chill out. No one is freaking. Just surprised it didn't go higher. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

Nah , the potus prediction is simply too optimistic 

Edited by fabiopazzo2

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

No need to chill out. No one is freaking. Just surprised it didn't go higher. 

There's one person "freaking". With all the poisoning he's done in this thread, I'm really surprised he isn't banned yet. His posts are the most doom and gloom that I've read in all my months in this thread. Really. He can't even be happy of a film that broke China OW in USD. He must be so perfect. Or he lives a sad life being cynical. He makes IronJimbo infinitely better.

Edited by UserHN
  • Like 1

The number is awesome!  Opening weekend record!  I was hoping it would go a bit higher just based on some of the early predictions, that's all.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UserHN said:

There's one person "freaking". With all the poisoning he's done in this thread, I'm really surprised he isn't banned yet. His posts are the most doom and gloom that I've read in all my months in this thread. Really. He can't even be happy of a film that broke China OW in USD. He must be so perfect. Or he lives a sad life being cynical.

Again, he's not freaking out.  He just said he's surprised it didn't hit 200, or just barely squeaked by.  I think that's fair.  I don't think anyone is disappointed with the opening weekend record.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Again, he's not freaking out.  He just said he's surprised it didn't hit 200, or just barely squeaked by.  I think that's fair.  I don't think anyone is disappointed with the opening weekend record.  

Oh believe me, he's not just surprised. He even called it "underwhelming". Lol.

Edited by UserHN

On 28/03/2018 at 7:35 AM, meriodejaneiro said:

TA made 86M (2012) 

IM3 made 121M (2013)

AoU made 240M (2015)

CA:CW made 180M (2016)

I'd say the 200-250M should be the target for IW. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher to 300M or more.

What would surprise me is if it goes below 200M

On 28/03/2018 at 7:48 AM, peludo said:

I am skeptical with $300m, but who knows... Anyway, I agree that $200m is the floor.

On 28/03/2018 at 8:03 AM, feasby007 said:

However much I believe 200m will happen. I wouldn't say it's the floor necessarily. Especially with China rejecting Hollywood action movies as of late. If Infinity War is not *quite* up to scratch for China's liking, then I could see it narrowly missing $200m. Highly unlikely, but not impossible. I think over 300 is more likely than under 200, but both are possible

I'm just talking about stuff like this.  Unrealistic or not, this is the kind of stuff that was being talked about even a month ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

project goes from 180 to 220 and it comes at near 200M.He came to this thread,saw the best number possible and claim that is the target even though he know nothing about how BO in china works.We all know FF is way more popular and has way more walkup compare to any of those SH movie,the presale just indicated that this movie can do bigger compare to AOU not mean it definitely surpasses FF

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I'm just talking about stuff like this.  Unrealistic or not, this is the kind of stuff that was being talked about even a month ago.

those you quoted just opinion from member and they re not even experts in China thread,should have gone for Gavin,Olive,Potus...

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Ehh, I guess “freaking out” is open to interpretation. But seriously, that dude — in nearly every single thread where IW’s box office is discussed — only contributes whiny, negative stuff.  I’ve avoided all threads he frequents because of that but he’s been in this one, too, and ... it’s been a little hard to enjoy what an otherwise great run for IW overall has been because of him.

(The ignore function doesn’t work when others quote his posts and on mobile)

Back to box office—

Anyway, based on presales talks, it’s understanable why people would’ve expected more but a record is a record so IW did fine. Avengers 4 will only be higher.

3 hours ago, GOXOG said:

project goes from 180 to 220 and it comes at near 200M.He came to this thread,saw the best number possible and claim that is the target even though he know nothing about how BO in china works.We all know FF is way more popular and has way more walkup compare to any of those SH movie,the presale just indicated that this movie can do bigger compare to AOU not mean it definitely surpasses FF

It has the opening weekend record, everyone is happy about that.  I'm just saying there were some outlandish numbers being talked about for this film and they didn't pan out.  For those of us who don't come to the China forum all that often, it just looks like IW came in a little below some of the biggest predictions.  It set the record and you can be happy with that while still wondering why some people had it going so high.