A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

What’s up with this ridiculous obsession about beating Venom? The movie is pulling extraordinary numbers. I mean 3 weeks  ago the discussion was  it is going to make more than $120M total, now the discussion is how far beyond $250M will it go. You’re  acting like a spoiled brats.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Manny G said:

What’s up with this ridiculous obsession about beating Venom? The movie is pulling extraordinary numbers. I mean 3 weeks  ago the discussion was  it is going to make more than $120M total, now the discussion is how far beyond $250M will it go. You’re  acting like a spoiled brats.

Im not acting like a spoiled brat for wanting it to beat a film that did similar numbers just recently 😜 

23 minutes ago, Manny G said:

We beat a lot of MCU and DC movies despite a rotten tomatoes score and were a big hit with audiences so a couple of the die hard MCU and DC fans have put a target on us, we don’t mind though it’s keeping our movie in the conversation and making us look even better.

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, VENOM said:

We beat a lot of MCU and DC movies despite a rotten tomatoes score and were a big hit with audiences so a couple of the die hard MCU and DC fans have put a target on us, we don’t mind though it’s keeping our movie in the conversation and making us look even better.

I mean when your at the top with avengers IW of course that should be the goal 

Saturday Estimates

Aquaman 165M/1182M,+92%, (better increase than Venom)

My Neighbor Totoro 37.5M/56.74M,+101%

Padman 14.1M/24.54M +40%

Grinch 8.52M/11.3M,+213%

Searching 6.95M/12.4M +36%

Venom 1.38m/1865m,+188%

Ralph 2 0.82m/270m

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, VENOM said:

I mean when your at the top with avengers IW of course that should be the goal 

DP

Edited by Wotad