A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

23 hours ago, cdsacken said:

If the trade war escalates it will further devalue CNY and could lead to more anti-american sentiment that leads to increased Maoyan review bombing.

So far it appears that in spite of the trade war and Huawei ban, Chinese are not over-reacting. At least on weibo, they focus on gossiping the private lives of celebrities rather than nationalistic shoutouts.

Edited by sgchn40

49 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Damn I'm excited about Godzilla. I know the last one wasn't good but man oh man. Please be good!

If it is I bet it does awesome in China

My friends have seen it at press screening. Say it's more Pacific Rim than Godzilla 2014, and the big fight is at daytime unlike last one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Heidi:Gaga:

That has negligible screen count. I hope it breaks out like Dangal did but Aamir khan and previously delivered successful movies(relative to a bollywood flick in china). It would be great to see something besides hollywood blocbusters breaking out.