A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

2 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

You totally don’t understood,TWE2 need around 3.6B to get break-even…The offical of TWE2 now even started to selling the TWE’s franchise toy on Weibo to get break-even…

The first one cost $50m. With marketing, maybe $100m. Does this one cost 4 times more? Is now China making films with same budgets than, let's say, Avengers or Avatar? Wow

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Why using 3x for Break-even? Making 2x of Budget is already making it enter profitable.

because that’s my source,I said a long time that I know the person who worked in the movie department

some company even report they need TWE2 to do ¥4000m to get break-even

That’s why they started to selling toy now,rely on box office is not enough to get break-even

Edited by Sophia Jane

7 hours ago, Sophia Jane said:

because that’s my source,I said a long time that I know the person who worked in the movie department

some company even report they need TWE2 to do ¥4000m to get break-even

That’s why they started to selling toy now,rely on box office is not enough to get break-even

if that’s really the budget then the makers of TWE2 will be getting a visit from the CPC anti corruption department soon enough because that’s a ridiculous amount.

For reference, the Battle at Lake Changjin movies and the Detective Chinatown trilogy didn’t even cost anything above $500 million combined. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clear Sky Master said:

if that’s really the budget then the makers of TWE2 will be getting a visit from the CPC anti corruption department soon enough because that’s a ridiculous amount.

For reference, the Battle at Lake Changjin movies and the Detective Chinatown trilogy didn’t even cost anything above $500 million combined. 

This exactly came to my mind when I read that amount. It would be at the same level than big HLW blockbusters.

• Like 1