A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

;)

Damn I can understand a lot of things (even people predicting 1 billion WW for Detective Pikachu...) but how would it make sense just 3.6M for the Little Mermaid?

14 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Damn I can understand a lot of things (even people predicting 1 billion WW for Detective Pikachu...) but how would it make sense just 3.6M for the Little Mermaid?

Current Forecast is based on Maoyan / Taopiaopiao WTS

True Forecast/Potential will only be known after Pre-sales starts

12 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Is he actually a lead or is he just popping up to say "hey, China should come watch this"? 

Biggest Actor Of Mainland China. 5 of the 10 Highest Grossing Film in China is under his name. In fact, it's still difficult to reach Wolf Warrior 2 (160M admits) with today's ATP.

Just like how world see Leonardo, Wu Jing is currently the face of Chinese Productions.

5 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Could D&D overperform with great reception?

5 new films on OD + Suzume

2 new films on SAT...

Let's go straight, we have Titanic on 4/3 | Conan 4/4 | Mario 4/5 &Holds like Suzume &Post Truth + new Potential could be Journey To The West 

Given $11M Forecast is already a very good total given with the tight schedule.

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

Biggest Actor Of Mainland China. 5 of the 10 Highest Grossing Film in China is under his name. In fact, it's still difficult to reach Wolf Warrior 2 (160M admits) with today's ATP.

Just like how world see Leonardo, Wu Jing is currently the face of Chinese Productions.

That's not what I'm saying, I know Wu Jing is a big deal. But is he a main character or is he just a token character to try and bring in the local audience, that's my question. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of info about it that I can find. 

3 hours ago, GOGODanca said:

Meg 2 has best WTS data of hollywood films in 2023, more than GotG3 and Fast X combined

What site can I check other WTS data? in Douban, Meg 2 only has 3800+ WTS, while Fast X has 70,000+ and GotG3 has 100,000+.

Edited by nerves

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

if FX just does 600m yuan, it would be terrible for the franchise. I hope Guardians does that number 🙂 It appears D&D  have no fanbase in china and so its bombing there. Mario also has zero interest. 

Even OW will crossing 600m

• Like 2