A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

I actually feel bad for Elessar, peludo, and Lady.

Getting their hopes up like that was brutal.

Don't feel bad for me :). According Olive, this should get a x8 multiplier from OD. We would be talking about $105m, pretty similar to what we were talking before release (100-115). I had said about 110-115, but that's all. Not too far from the target. I am fine with that. Another thing is if some people have bloated the expectatives for this run.
  • Like 3

Still locked to do 700mil OS due to existing markets. Would be embarassed if it makes less than that.

Existing markets will do about $575m. $700m is far from locked. If $13m holds for China OD, it's more like a long shot.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

So another disappointment for Hobbit it seems

No, it is not. Another thing is if you were expecting Transformers figures... It will increase another $30 million from DOS, and over 100% over AUJ. That can not be disappointing. Not in my mind.
  • Like 1

So another disappointment for Hobbit it seems

What? It's going to make 100M+. How in the hell is that a disappointment? Sometimes I wonder, do you post just to get a rise out of fanbases.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1