baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

2. Wreck-It Ralph (Disney) Week 2 [Runs 3,752] PGFriday $7.8M, Saturday $14.8M, Weekend $33.1M (-32%), Cume $93.0M

Great hold for WiR :) The Saturday bump was very nice and looks like their projecting about a 30% drop for Sunday. Looking for a nice hold for Monday. And Skyfall looking like Sony's biggest movie of 2012. I think it's legs will be better than QoS since WOM seems to be much better so 250 looks doable.

Amazing for Bond. Really shocked by the increase.Also, Twilight will open massively. I'm thinking it will be right around NM/DH2/THG in admissions (which all range between $150m-$154m when adjusted for inflation). Although I will say much less people are talking about it, but whatever. I've learned not to underestimate it. Besides, why compare it to DH2?

Naturally biu is here with his pompoms and highschool cheer telling us (again) that there is no hype for a Twilight film. I guess when presales are ahead of TDKR at the same point...there is no hype. BD2 will open to 140-155 and have its normal 2 multipler. Bond will not get a 3 mult and will end with 225-240...which is fantastic if course. But when a film...ANY FILM takes up 140 mill of cinsumer spending...it hits every fil. Skyfall will fall NORTH off 55%.

Posted Image

just because

• Like 4

Obviously Sony wants the nice round 90m number but a 32% Sunday drop doesn't seem unrealistic. Unlike Quantum, Monday is a holiday for most schools. So it could fall a little bit but not by much. Still, a tremendous opening weekend for Skyfall and a terrific hold for Wreck-It Ralph. Quality is ruling the box office.

Great hold for WiR :) The Saturday bump was very nice and looks like their projecting about a 30% drop for Sunday. Looking for a nice hold for Monday. And Skyfall looking like Sony's biggest movie of 2012. I think it's legs will be better than QoS since WOM seems to be much better so 250 looks doable.

Yes, great hold! That's awesome! Can't wait to watch it here in 3 weeks.

Just to throw in my two cents about BD2, most of the viewers might be thinking, as my sister put it, "I have to see it because I've seen the others and read the book." It's a loyal fanbase regardless of quality.