baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

here are all the advantages Skyfall had1. Terrific reviews2. IMAX3. 50th anniversary hype4. Huge marketing campaign including marketing with the Olympics5. The most popular singer in the world singing the theme and having it all over the radio6. four years or hype and inflationdespite all this it is only going to barely make more than Quantum opening weekend and may not even sell as many tickets? That just seems disappointing to me

here are all the advantages Skyfall had1. Terrific reviews2. IMAX3. 50th anniversary hype4. Huge marketing campaign including marketing with the Olympics5. The most popular singer in the world singing the theme and having it all over the radio6. four years or hype and inflationdespite all this it is only going to barely make more than Quantum opening weekend and may not even sell as many tickets? That just seems disappointing to me

Eh, when it breezes past 200 million, I don't think I'll be complainingWas it not just a month ago where an 80 million opening was in doubt?

TBF though I think the fact it had to follow Quantum is a huge disadvantage. If it wasn't for a couple of the things you listed it probably would've opened under Quantum

No. The public wasn't jumping at the bits for another Bond after the mediocre QoS.

In fact, at least 2 years of that was basically people wondering if the movie was even going to be made considering MGM's financial woes.

Skyfall's opening is fantastic. Bond is popular in NA but he is pretty typical in terms of what you can expect out of him. He will finish with about 175 or so, great for Bond in NA.

• Like 2

TBF, any of the first 5 alone could make up for what QoS left. Yet people just deny it.

And now it just went from meh to terrible ...30.5M, seriously ??

:rofl: :rofl:Only reason this is "terrible" is because of whacked expectations.
  • Like 2

The fact Skyfall is barely opening more than Quantum despite all the great advantages Skyfall has is kind of disappointing. It really shows how little American audiences care about Bond

That makes no sense. Assuming the previous movie's reception matters for a Bond film's performance (and it rarely does) QoS had a big opening because people liked CR. So for Skyfall to open considerably better is a good thing. Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2