baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

And now a 150M opener is

irrelevant.

:rofl:

Irrelevant considering the audience. No one is saying BD2 won't have a huge opening. Don't understand why Twilight advocates are getting butthurt over the fact that there isn't a significant overlap between the core audience of that film and Skyfall. Edited by nAlkaline
  • Like 1

Irrelevant considering the audience. No one is saying BD2 won't have a huge opening. Don't understand why Twilight advocates are getting butthurt over the fact that there isn't a significant overlap between the core audience of that film and Skyfall.

Twilight fans in general are used to going into denial. Just look at their reactions when you tell them the series is terrible. :P

Big impact will have happen to all movies, no matter whatever target audience they respectively have, no matter whatever. It is simply the fact when a mega opening happens.Sorry, this is the truth and rule in the world of box office. No matter whatever wishful thinking Twi-haters may have, no matter how they spin how pretend.Twilight movies proved the ever true law four times in a raw in past years, all huge openers proved the rules too many times. I am not a Twihard, but I would not deny facts.Enough said.

• Like 2

Big impact will have happen to all movies, no matter whatever target audience they respectively have, no matter whatever. It is simply the fact when a mega opening happens.Sorry, this is the truth and rule in the world of box office. No matter whatever wishful thinking Twi-haters may have, no matter how they spin how pretend.Twilight movies proved the ever true law four times in a raw in past years, all huge openers proved the rules too many times. I am not a Twihard, but I would not deny facts.Enough said.

So when Skyfall does $40+ million this weekend will we say Twilight had a huge effect on it? Edited by Dekunova

So when Skyfall does $40+ million this weekend will we say Twilight had a huge effect on it?

That would be a 55% drop. I think that's what most of us are expecting.

I don't think, even if Skyfall had absolutely no competition, that it would hold quite that well. Sure it has amazing WOM but it's still a Bond film. There is some frontloadedness to expect. Even The Avengers lost over 50%.

Edited by Dekunova
  • Like 1

Yeah yeah... but Twilight can lick the dog shit off of my shoe.

Yeah yeah... but Twilight can lick the dog shit off of my shoe.

What a fantastic and well thought out response. Do you have a team of monkeys writing for you?

Lincoln will hurt Skyfall more than BD2 will. Why? Both are going after the same audience. Lincoln skewed 67% over 25 and like Skyfall it got an A Cinemascore. Having seen the movie it should be a huge audience favorite.

• Like 1