Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

2 hours ago, Treetanic said:

Can you please not talk spoilers even using tags in this thread? Some of us actually looking forward to this movie and dont need things spoiled by people who aren't even gonna go watch it.

To be fair mine was only a question/speculation since I haven't read the spoilers either but you're right and I'm sorry if I contributed to that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Valonqar said:

This shit is tracking for 30M opening? 

hqdefault.jpg

Source on that? I haven’t seen a projection higher than 25M. 30M would be good for John Boyega. I genuinely want to see him succeed. He is a wonderful and charismatic talent, and absolutely has that It Factor. And he did NOT make the creative decisions on this project, so he doesn’t deserve to get blamed when it bombs. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Source on that? I haven’t seen a projection higher than 25M. 30M would be good for John Boyega. I genuinely want to see him succeed. He is a wonderful and charismatic talent, and absolutely has that It Factor. And he did make the creative decisions on this project, so he doesn’t deserve to get blamed when it bombs. 

I'm sorry but why he doesn't deserve to be blamed for producing a shit movie? I see Zach Snyder being blamed for the same thing all the time. or Michael Bay. Boyega produced a garbage sequel so he's responsible. 

I think he's completely disposable in Star Wars, both in TFA and especially in TLJ. Eveyrone upstaged him in both movies. Perhaps he's like Colin farrell, works better in small movies then in blockbusters where he's just out of his depth. 

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I'm sorry but why he doesn't deserve to be blamed for producing a shit movie? I see Zach Snyder being blamed for the same thing all the time. or Michael Bay. Boyega produced a garbage sequel so he's responsible. 

I think he's completely disposable in Star Wars, both in TFA and especially in TLJ. Eveyrone upstaged him in both movies. Perhaps he's like Colin farrell, works better in small movies then in blockbusters where he's just out of his depth. 

Boyega is a producer on this? Pretty sure actors can't do anything if the script is garbage. 

4 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Boyega is a producer on this? Pretty sure actors can't do anything if the script is garbage. 

Yes he is. producer and the star. 

@Rebeccas Like I said, he may be better suited for smaller movies. He's completely overshadowed and uninteresting in Star Wars so argument that he's great in a non-SW movie doesn't really help SW

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I'm not sure it's his fault that the writers for these new SW movies don't give a shit about his character?

He's not bringing anything interesting to the character. He's playing him like a straight up comedy even though he's supposedly a born and bred soldier. But he doesn't even have a posture and carriage like one! There's no way that JJ forbid him to act as anything other than a total doofus. I bet Boyega simply had no ideas. In all honestly, it's an uninterested, basic performance so no wonder RJ expanded Poe at Finn's expense cause Oscar Isaac at least did something memorable with that nothing of a character in TFA. Storm Pilot ship is so popular mostly thanks to what Poe/Oscar brought to it. So yeah, I'm not surprised they are not interested in Finn when they have actors who actually bring something to their characters. 

• Like 1