Rthmessiah

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

I love how the weekend number threads always go right off track toward late Saturday

Anyway let me add fuel to the fire and tell you my honest opinion..... Spider-Man 3 is better than the Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Plus the song didn't burn up the charts like her previous three hits from 21 did (all three singles hit # 1). In fact, Skyfall is literally Adele's least successful single to date, not even reaching the top five (peaked at# 8) and only spending one week in the Billboard Hot 100's top ten.

Well, it was released on a Friday, so that affected its chart position.

Adele's demographics is mostly female and most of them are between the ages of teens and 30s. I am mystified that people can't see the obvious here. It was a huge worldwide marketing effort that used London Olympics among other things to target (mostly males) action fans and it paid off. Nobody pays 10 bucks to see a movie just because their favorite singer is on the soundtrack.

Exactly, and what is important for the Adele song, is it says the name of the movie dozens of times and has had massive airplay.

1. Breaking Dawn Part 2 (Summit/Lionsgate) Week 1 [Runs 4,070] PG13

Wednesday $13.3M, Thursday $8.3M, Friday $17.4M (+113%)

3-day Weekend $42.5M, 5-day Holiday $63.5M, Cume $226.4M

2. Skyfall (Eon/MGM/Sony) Week 2 [Runs 3,526] PG13

Wednesday $7.4M, Thursday $7.7M, Friday $14.7M (+92%)

3-Day Weekend $34.5M, 5-Day Holiday $49.6M, Cume $220.2M

3. Lincoln (DreamWorks/Fox/Disney) Week 2 [Runs 2,018] PG13

Wednesday $4.2M, Thursday $4.8M, Friday $9.9M (+104%)

3-Day Weekend $25.2M, 5-Day Holiday $34.2M, Cume $62.3M

4. Rise Of The Guardians 3D (DreamWorks Anim/Par) NEW [Runs 3,653] PG

Wednesday $4.8M, Thursday $3.7M, Friday $9.2M (+149%)

3-day Weekend $22.8M, 5-Day Holiday $31.4M

5. Life Of Pi 3D (Fox) NEW [Runs 2,902] PG

Wednesday $3.6M, Thursday $4.5M, Friday $8.8M (+97%)

3-Day Weekend $22.0M, 5-Day Weekend $30.2M

6. Wreck-It Ralph 3D (Disney) Week 3 [Runs 3,259] PG

Wednesday $3.7M, Thursday $2.5M, Friday $6.7M (+173%)

3-Day Weekend $16.5M, 5-Day Holiday $22.7M, Cume $149.2M

7. Red Dawn (Film District) NEW [Runs 2,679] PG13

Wednesday $4.2M, Thursday $3.2M, Friday $6.0M (+88%)

3-Day Weekend $14.5M, 5-Day Holiday $22.0M

I know someone on here, was saying Nov could have 7 movies make over $100m this month..

that might actually happen

1# Breaking Dawn Part 2 $300,000,000

2# Skyfall $275,000,000

3# Wreck-it Ralph $190,000,000

4# Lincoln $112,000,000

5# Rise of the Guardians $105,000,000

6# Flight $100,500,000

7# Life of Pi $100,000,000

It's a long shot but it's definitely possible.

I've said many times that I wasn't happy with Loki being weak in the final fight. Chitauri were pretty weak as well. Nobody has gotten on me about it.

The thing that bugs me the most is the TPM-like "destroy the mother ship and they all lose power!" ending. I rolled my eyes when they all died. It totally takes away from Iron Man's team player resolution to have the entire team basically standing there as the Chitauri all fall. I know it was the victorious moment, it just could have been set up better. And they were organic right? I just never heard they needed a connection to the mother ship to live. Just lazy writing, IMO.The whole movie is full of absolutely scrumptious writing, then they do that at the end? Keeps TA from being my favorite movie ever.

Life of Pi needs about a little over 4 multiplier from the three-day weekend to reach $100m. It won't have the benefit of theater expansion like Hugo did since it's already in much more locations, so I certainly don't expect a multiplier close to what Hugo had, but with good WOM, holiday season, and likely BP nomination, I do see it reaching the mark.

You were lurking earlier, weren't you? :ph34r:

The thing that bugs me the most is the TPM-like "destroy the mother ship and they all lose power!" ending. I rolled my eyes when they all died. It totally takes away from Iron Man's team player resolution to have the entire team basically standing there as the Chitauri all fall. I know it was the victorious moment, it just could have been set up better. And they were organic right? I just never heard they needed a connection to the mother ship to live. Just lazy writing, IMO.The whole movie is full of absolutely scrumptious writing, then they do that at the end? Keeps TA from being my favorite movie ever.

That was WTF moment for me as well but I loved TA nonethless. Hopefully, Thanos in TA2 kicks ass and pushes the team to their limit. Maybe they even lose a member or 2. Edited by druv10
  • Like 2