CoolioD1

Film Critics Awards 2012 (Winners in 1st post)

I don't want to kill off the Master before LA but it don't look good.

Master`s dead for any win. Frozen Tilapia with a Lipstick will win original for ZDT and Kushner will win adapted for Linc. if ZDT wins Editing, it`s winning everything. DDL looks like having support for his 3d Oscar. So Phoenix is dead. Will be lucky if he manages a nomination.But this is just NYCC. They don`t vote for Oscars. They just tyr to enforce their favorites.

Wow, congrats to ZDT. Made me want to see it even more.I believe that the favorite is now Lincoln, for sure. I'm not sure if this is enough to put ZDT in the top spot quite yet, but it IS enough to send Les Mis down the chart, pushing Lincoln to front runner status (for now.)Regardless, this is going to be a great year, which, after the snoozefest of last race,is a welcome change.

• Like 1

I was expecting Les Miz to be acknowledged in some way but I still think Les Miz has the upper hand over ZDT in the real awards race. If ZDT wins GG then I will be on board but not before then.

GG comes AFTER Oscars, nominations,etc. So it won`t have any influence. heck, guilds come after so AMPAS won`t have much guidance from them when they vote.

I believe that the favorite is now Lincoln, for sure. I'm not sure if this is enough to put ZDT in the top spot quite yet, but it IS enough to send Les Mis down the chart, pushing Lincoln to front runner status (for now.)

Les Mis is not negatively affected by this. Let's not over-react.

GG comes AFTER Oscars, nominations,etc. So it won`t have any influence. heck, guilds come after so AMPAS won`t have much guidance from them when they vote.

First round of Oscar voting is before GG awards but the final round is after the awards are held. Oscar voting will still be open when BAFTA takes place (February 10th). SAG and GG nominations will be announced next week before Oscar first round voting begins so GG is going to be influential no matter what.

Les Mis doesn't win anything at the NYFCC in early December, and it's suddenly out of the race? Come on, guys.

This season has so many good movies that the awards are gonna be spread out between a lot of movies.and in the end, one of them will win the Oscar.

Les Mis is not negatively affected by this. Let's not over-react.

True. I forget that critic awards tend to go less for visceral, emotional movies like Les Mis (the reason why TKS won nothing until the Globes). But I still wish it had picked up something (or we could see the runner ups)

Les Mis doesn't win anything at the NYFCC in early December, and it's suddenly out of the race? Come on, guys.

Not out of the race but definitely not a frontrunner as we have been previously been told