Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

SPOILERS:

Read the script. First 40 pages or so deal with Mia and her dad's relationship + her desire to become a respected writer and her struggle to be taken seriously as a woman (all while Loki courts her and Chastain schemes). It's not really scary (we see ghosts early on and they never feel like a threat). Well written but could have used genuine scares. Chastain's role is juicy, especially near the end. But there are no big surprises in terms of twist/reveals. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

SPOILERS: Read the script. First 40 pages or so deal with Mia and her dad's relationship + her desire to become a respected writer and her struggle to be taken seriously as a woman (all while Loki courts her and Chastain schemes). It's not really scary (we see ghosts early on and they never feel like a threat). Well written but could have used genuine scares. Chastain's role is juicy, especially near the end. But there are no big surprises in terms of twist/reveals. 

But overall, would you say its good?

This movie isn't really my genre at all, but I think this looks pretty great. The trailers sold me. They played a 5 minute IMAX trailer before The Walk that looked awesome. It's formatted to fit the entire screen for the duration of the film as well.

Wait, it is? What type of IMAX were you in?

True IMAX ratio is 4:3. I haven't heard this is anything but standard 1.85:1.

Edited by kowhite

Wait, it is? What type of IMAX were you in?

True IMAX ratio is 4:3. I haven't heard this is anything but standard 1.85:1.

It was in true IMAX and definitely filled the entire screen which was glorious. So did In the Heart of the Sea. Specter and Hunger Games of course did not. I have seen the Crimson Peak trailer in digital IMAX which also filled the entire screen obviously, but I was pretty excited to see that still being the case in a true IMAX theater.

It was in true IMAX and definitely filled the entire screen which was glorious. So did In the Heart of the Sea. Specter and Hunger Games of course did not. I have seen the Crimson Peak trailer in digital IMAX which also filled the entire screen obviously, but I was pretty excited to see that still being the case in a true IMAX theater.

I'm glad it was awesome but...

Are you sure? Very few feature movies use proper IMAX ratio, pretty sure the only ones are movies that were shot IMAX.

Would love to be wrong.

Maybe filled the screen horizontally but didn't utilize the full top-to-bottom of the screen?

Well, I mean...

I'm pretty sure every movie these days manages that feat.

Just sayin...your movie could be 4000:1 and still pull that off.

Edited by kowhite

I'm glad it was awesome but...

Are you sure? Very few feature movies use proper IMAX ratio, pretty sure the only ones are movies that were shot IMAX.

Would love to be wrong.

100%. It was definitely in the full IMAX ratio and filled the entire screen top to bottom and side to side. It's not subtle as I am sure you know. It is a huge difference and very noticeable since most films are projected in widescreen. Also, there are films that are not shot with IMAX cameras that have utilized the true IMAX ratio.

100%. It was definitely in the full IMAX ratio and filled the entire screen top to bottom and side to side. It's not subtle as I am sure you know. It is a huge difference and very noticeable since most films are projected in widescreen. Also, there are films that are not shot with IMAX cameras that have utilized the true IMAX ratio.

Well, I don't doubt you.

But...then the question is...is it only the trailer? I'm guessing so.

• Like 1