Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

20 minutes ago, stripe said:

I didn't like Alice, but this won't drop the way some here are predicting. I am quite confident with BO.com predictions for Alice 2. I wouldn't be shocked if this reaches 200M DOM and +700M WW.

For sure. Depp's star-power has obviously waned but it's still Alice in Wonderland and it's still Disney. Lots of wishful thinking going around.

• Like 1

I think both this and X-Men: Apocalypse will do similar DOM-numbers. Right between the $200M-mark. We're looking at a weekend where not one movie will massively out-do the other. Still big hits for what they are. They'll be successful on their own rights.

WW, though......Alice 2 could do between $600-700M WW.....and X-Men: Apocalypse could do $750-800M WW.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think both this and X-Men: Apocalypse will do similar DOM-numbers. Right between the $200M-mark. We're looking at a weekend where not one movie will massively out-do the other. Still big hits for what they are. They'll be successful on their own rights.

WW, though......Alice 2 could do between $600-700M WW.....and X-Men: Apocalypse could do $750-800M WW.

Contrarily, I think Alice has a chance of doing better than X-Men overseas, not DOM though.

I think X-Men may suffer from proximity to BvS and Civil War too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think X-Men will do a bit more domestically.

I'm thinking about 250m DOM for X-Men and anywhere between 800m and 1b WW and I think Alice will do about 200m DOM and similar numbers to X-Men WW.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I think X-Men will do a bit more domestically.

I'm thinking about 250m DOM for X-Men and anywhere between 800m and 1b WW and I think Alice will do about 200m DOM and similar numbers to X-Men WW.

Which could happen.....i can agree there.

I'm just staying conservative and safe with my predictions.

2 hours ago, catlover said:

Why would you think it's sarcasm? Anyway, It's climbing really fast on iTunes US. The fact that it's the first proper single from Pink in forever also helps.

Zootopia has a song as well, but it didn't really top the charts.

What I'm saying is that musical hits aren't a reliable predictor of box office success.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Zootopia has a song as well, but it didn't really top the charts.

What I'm saying is that musical hits aren't a reliable predictor of box office success.

I don't think anyone said they were. Though the amount of these songs that actually do well is very low; the songs for the first Alice and Oz both flopped.

It can't hurt and will boost awareness.

4 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I don't think anyone said they were. Though the amount of these songs that actually do well is very low; the songs for the first Alice and Oz both flopped.

It can't hurt and will boost awareness.

5 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Pink's song for this is already top 20 on itunes. Gonna be a hit.

1 hour ago, superweirdo87 said:

Daniel Alter, a producer and sharp box office analyst is bullish on Alice. He tweeted that it will probably beat X-Men:Apocalypse overseas and WW.

It would not shock me.