baumer

50 Films Better than TDKR in 2012

But then why can't the other guys? Why are they all trying with ropes when they saw the child get out without the ropes?I guess I can accept that the child made it because she got lucky. In my mind, she could have made it or missed. It wasn't predestined that she made the jump. Maybe that's your answer to how Bruce made it; that he got lucky. However, it feels like we're supposed to believe that he made it because of some skill that the other guys in the pit didn't have.

You need to open your mind to understand the metaphor. If you can't that's your problem. The child did it without the rope, everyone else tried it with the rope, but failed. Bruce failed twice. The old man told him to try it without the rope to conquer fear. The whole predicament is a beautiful reference to Batman Begins and it's one of my favorite scenes of the franchise.

You need to open your mind to understand the metaphor. If you can't that's your problem. The child did it without the rope, everyone else tried it with the rope, but failed. Bruce failed twice. The old man told him to try it without the rope to conquer fear. The whole predicament is a beautiful reference to Batman Begins and it's one of my favorite scenes of the franchise.

You hit the send button about a minute or 2 too late. See 2 posts above your response.

then why do filmmakers and Nolanites keep boasting about how "deep" and "realistic" their films series is?

Deep is one thing, realistic another.I think the TDK trilogy is deeper and more realistic than most other comic book movies, but its still a comic book movie at the end of the day. Edited by Don Niam The Stingray
  • Like 2

Excellent article, baumer. :)While I may not agree with all 50 movies you have listed, I certainly think a good chunk of them are better than TDKR. As far as I'm concerned, TDKR is the biggest disappointment of the year. It is just the way one views blockbusters. Since TDKR director, Nolan, wanted his superhero flick to be taken seriously, it was imperative that he deliver on it with a good script and he failed miserably.

I agree and here's a little secret most movies aren't realistic.

Yeah, pretty sure I don't hear an orchestra playing in the background at even the most intense dramatic moments in my life. Reality is much more cold.

One thing Nolan has a very distinct talent for is creating a world that is easy to suspend your disbelief. I mean, he never even explains if Inception happens in the future or the present. He just presents us with a world in which there is an ability to tap into people's dreams and then keeps all of the ensuing events inside that world. And most bought into it with nary a twitch of the eye.

Although, I do have to say that TDKR seems to have given him a bit more trouble in that area. It definitely has some events that strain credulity.

It's his opinion. You can't tell him about Rotten Tomatoes ratings and whatnot.The loonyism for an overrated disappointing hackjob is at an all time high and whilst I disagree with numerous films on the list, I think this is just good fun.Nolanites getting worse by the movie.

• Like 2

Lol I do love how well Baumer Trolls.In my opinion, if you love TDK, but give reasons such as 'how did batman get back to Gotham from the pitt', as to why you dislike TDKR.....well, i personally don't think you understand why you dislike TDKR. Plenty of bigger leaps in logic than that one in its predecessor!

• Like 1

Its amazing how people pick apart TDKR yet leave TA alone. I mean the entire movie is one massive plot hole after another. That doesnt stop it being entertaining.As for the 7/10 for Skyfall, thats fine, but it means Battleships and BD2 should be under 5.. Under 3 really.Bruce got out of the pit because he's Batman. End of, you need no more explanation than that.

• Like 2

Its amazing how people pick apart TDKR yet leave TA alone. I mean the entire movie is one massive plot hole after another. That doesnt stop it being entertaining.

As for the 7/10 for Skyfall, thats fine, but it means Battleships and BD2 should be under 5.. Under 3 really.

Bruce got out of the pit because he's Batman. End of, you need no more explanation than that.

Exactly. :bravo:

I love how divisive TDKR still is. No other movie franchise has generated this much discussion in recent years.

FWIW, I bought the blu-ray yesterday. I still like the parts I liked in the cinema, and certain elements I didn't like will always be problematic. At worst, the film is a solid third entry.

Skyfall is easily the blockbuster of the year.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

Guys if you honestly read the article and agreed with every single movie that I like there be something wrong with this site. and also even thoughw I am truthful in the article there is some humor in it so try not to get upset about it just read it and kind of chockle and have some fun. Im not trolling...its just a difference of opinion.

• Like 1