Squaremaster316

Avengers Nitpicking Thread

Audiences certaintly liked TDKR but I don't think anyone found it anything great or special. I think there is little doubt audiences liked Avengers better

We cannot forget that some of the audience went to see the movie OW with caution or with the Aurora incident in mind.

Not surprised. It will automatically get some backlash due to it being the "big movie", plus now that it is further away from the whole experience, people tend to lower grades. So not that big of a deal really

just like what happened on Avatar.

Loki one on one is awesome. He's a God and close to Thor in terms of power. But put him up against all of them and he should get his ass kicked.

That's exactly my problem with most of the comics adaptations. I mean I dont know much about comics, but on TA it seems that they had to, on one hand tell you Loki and Thor are gods, and on the other hand make them no exactly god-alike so they can have their asses kicked by people from the Earth so they can make a movie out of it. Well, I remember seeing this kind of logic on Superman Returns or Wrath of the Titans, or should I say most of the SH movies.But anyway, I hope this Thano guy in TA2 will really put on a fight with these avengers. Edited by vc2002

It's kinda hard to hate on Avengers, despite its flaws.

i feel the same way about both the movies. I enjoyed TDKR more but Avengers has set the bar high for ensemble movies from now on.I dont really see the need to nitpick things from good movies. Just enjoy them for what they are. People will always come up with plot holes and incoherent plot devices. What one person can't comprehend another person makes sense of it.I enjoy the debate between these two movies but sometimes it just goes on and on.
  • Like 1

It's kinda hard to hate on Avengers, despite its flaws.

Posted Image

85% can :-)

Naa i liked avengers i gave it a solid 8 but because its meant to be a fun movie does not mean it cannot be hated. First it made huge amount of money there is one reason to hate it cause it popular, some people maybe wanted their hero more screen time, that's another reason, the way the aliens all somehow turned off when the main ship died, where they robots or something (rhetorical sarcastic question) Loki being a crybaby once more. And being thanos bitch so plp complaining about bane and how it ended that liked avengers need to look at that.

Edited by zlazer

Posted Image

85% can :-)

Naa i liked avengers i gave it a solid 8 but because its meant to be a fun movie does not mean it cannot be hated. First it made huge amount of money there is one reason to hate it cause it popular, some people maybe wanted their hero more screen time, that's another reason, the way the aliens all somehow turned off when the main ship died, where they robots or something (rhetorical sarcastic question) Loki being a crybaby once more. And being thanos bitch so plp complaining about bane and how it ended that liked avengers need to look at that.

I don't know a single person that hated Avengers. People didn't like the idea of these mindless aliens as the enemy but I thought it was perfect. Sure they wasn't threatening but this is the first Assemble movie and having mindless drones to fight just aloud the heroes to go all out and show what they can do.

TDKR was a longer and more exhausting film which relied more on story and structure than action (which sometimes is a good thing) the problem was, this made the silly plot holes a lot more noticeable.

• Like 2

I don't know a single person that hated Avengers. People didn't like the idea of these mindless aliens as the enemy but I thought it was perfect. Sure they wasn't threatening but this is the first Assemble movie and having mindless drones to fight just aloud the heroes to go all out and show what they can do.

TDKR was a longer and more exhausting film which relied more on story and structure than action (which sometimes is a good thing) the problem was, this made the silly plot holes a lot more noticeable.

Broaden your horizon there are just Google avengers hate etc

Plot holes, such as? And not scenes you disliked

Broaden your horizon there are just Google avengers hate etc Plot holes, such as? And not scenes you disliked

Maybe not plot holes but there were moments of stupidity that were frankly quite insulting to me. The prologue is a good example, they sneak up on a CIA plane with a plane twice the size, jump down, shoot the fuck out the plane leaving hundreds of bullet holes in the interior and bodies, use demolition to blow the lid off the plane (which will clearly leave explosion marks), then put the doctors blood into some other guy that looks nothing like him and half his age followed by a guy saying half way through the movie that the plane went down accidentally.Had Michael Bay done that, posters on here wouldn't take it so kindly, but because its Nolan its classed as 'nip picking'
  • Like 1

Or when Batman and Catwoman jumped into the Bat, they could have easily defeated Bane because he was watching them fleeing on the roof. Heavily weaponed as it is, they could have blown him to smitherins.

Batman doesn't kill ^_^

(Bat could even let Catwoman press the button).

or let other people kill Edited by Goffe of Oz

To blow shit up, cars parked in tdk chases, closed tunnels etc , intimidation etc

He could have blown shit up that fall afterward on Bane's face. You know like he did with the truck driver or Ra's Al Ghul...

(Cars parking? Yeah, I'd like to see the look on the face of poor men that woke up the next day to go to work just to discover their cars have been roasted like fried chicken by a batshit insane vigilante just because he could not find a way to avoid them. Not to mention, he could have killed those kids that were in those very same parked cars... :ph34r: ).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Most Overrated Movie of 2012 as Voted by Metacritic Users1 69 The Avengers 2162 78 The Dark Knight Rises 1543 58 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 714 52 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 655 67 The Hunger Games 59

in other words, the most successful movies of 2012 <_<
  • Like 2