#ED

Are You A "Nolanite"?

TDKR is a pretty good ending to a great trilogy. However, none of those three movies are masterpieces. So if people were expecting it to become the holy trinity of movies or TDKR to be the greatest movie of all time, well then that's your fault and you are to blame for having ridiculous bullshit fanboy expectations. In the real world TDKR is a fitting and worthy conclusion to a pretty great movie trilogy.

• Like 1

"As a movie i would give Tdkr an 8 but my slight prejudice of it being a batman movie and i absolutely loved the last half hour or so and that for me raised it above what i think it really deserves and into a 9-10/10 movie. "Yes Like Return of the Jedi, it has some of the best parts as well.

Nolan should've just pulled a Tim Burton and said fuck making a 3rd movie which is what Burton and Keaton did

DUDE. Seriously. Burton was fired by WB because his proposed Batman 3 was too similar in tone to the underperforming Batman Returns. You of all people should know that.

You want to know what happened with Nolan? He didn't want to make TDKR. The Joker was going to be the centerpiece of future Batman movies and he was distraught by Ledger's death. But WB knows he has to make at least one more movie. So they tell him that they'll give him any budget to make any movie he wants... as long as he comes back for a third Batman movie. He makes Inception, a story he's been dreaming about telling since he was 16.

Then he brings a bunch of alums from that film and tries his damnest to tie all of the films together with TDKR, committing to visual and emotional spectacle. It was well liked, not as well liked as TDKR, but it makes more money and satisfies all the fans with a super mega-happy ending that, surprisingly enough, he's never done in any of his films.

• Like 5

DUDE. Seriously. Burton was fired by WB because his proposed Batman 3 was too similar in tone to the underperforming Batman Returns. You of all people should know that.

You want to know what happened with Nolan? He didn't want to make TDKR. The Joker was going to be the centerpiece of future Batman movies and he was distraught by Ledger's death. But WB knows he has to make at least one more movie. So they tell him that they'll give him any budget to make any movie he wants... as long as he comes back for a third Batman movie. He makes Inception, a story he's been dreaming about telling since he was 16.

Then he brings a bunch of alums from that film and tries his damnest to tie all of the films together with TDKR, committing to visual and emotional spectacle. It was well liked, not as well liked as TDKR, but it makes more money and satisfies all the fans with a super mega-happy ending that, surprisingly enough, he's never done in any of his films.

Posted Image
  • Like 1

I probably am a Nolanite, although I can easily admit and shout at certain films and scenes that I hate to no end. In the minority here, but I thought Memento was complete rubbish. Probably the most overrated film of all time IMO. Sue me. Talia was crap. No two ways about it. She brought down a great movie with her twist and Cotillard's atrocious acting. Begins was good. Not great IMO. First half is magnificent. Second half... Not so much. Plenty more to list. So although I think Nolan is amazing and admittedly await his projects more than other directors today, I know he can do plenty wrong. Call me Nolanite if I fit the definition. Ehh.. There's only one person on this board that even cares to begin with. :lol:

I probably am a Nolanite, although I can easily admit and shout at certain films and scenes that I hate to no end.

In the minority here, but I thought Memento was complete rubbish. Probably the most overrated film of all time IMO. Sue me.

Talia was crap. No two ways about it. She brought down a great movie with her twist and Cotillard's atrocious acting.

Begins was good. Not great IMO. First half is magnificent. Second half... Not so much.

Plenty more to list. So although I think Nolan is amazing and admittedly await his projects more than other directors today, I know he can do plenty wrong. Call me Nolanite if I fit the definition. Ehh.. There's only one person on this board that even cares to begin with. :lol:

Then you are not a Nolanite. By the definition the OP provided, you must love all his films to be a Nolanite. Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Then you are not a Nolanite. By the definition the OP provided, you must love all his films to be a Nolanite.

Point taken.. but at the same time, I hold the TDK trilogy in such high esteem, a case can be made. It's the best trilogy of all time in my book, so with that said, I probably creep back into Nolanite territory with that statement despite my utter disdain for Memento.

Point taken.. but at the same time, I hold the TDK trilogy in such high esteem, a case can be made. It's the best trilogy of all time in my book, so with that said, I probably creep back into Nolanite territory with that statement despite my utter disdain for Memento.

Naa, that's Indiana Jones.
  • Like 2