#ED

Are You A "Nolanite"?

I really need to see TDKR now so I can either laugh at or agree with the fanboys calling it a bad movie. I honestly suspect its just comical cinephiles trying to sound uber smart with semantics and hypotheticals while simultaneously completely miss using the word "plot hole", which has become mostly just a fundementally re-invented buzz word on the internet for attention in this age. I don't particularly care for this franchise even though I really enjoyed TDK, but this fanboy talk has me curious enough to watch it next week.

I haven't seen many "In Nolan we Trust" or "This is Nolan we're talking about since the TDKR release.

Because TDKR sucked. I guess it`s hard even for the most faithful to chant their chants about such a dumb movie. Lucky them that Prometheus came out in the same year and sweeped stupidity awards. Untouchable winner, that one. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

TDKR was a highly praised film because it was simply a high quality product. The vast majority see it as ranking between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (Considered the pinnacle of the genre to this day), so any negatives the film has are squashed by the numerous positive aspects that are considered astounding triumphs by critics and fans alike.

Um, no.. It's simply not that good and like I said, if this were any oher filmmaker making this, it would've been panned, but since it's Nolan, he basically receives a free pass on it.. Pretty much any critic who gave thumbs up to this was more or less giving thumbs up to Nolan's filmography more than this movie itself.. There were simply too many implausibilities in this movie to give it the praise that alot of fans or even critics gave it..

Well I haven't seen it yet and I'm planning to watch it next weekend. At the same time though you're the last person on these forums I take seriously on any subject. :D

TDKR was a highly praised film because it was simply a high quality product. The vast majority see it as ranking between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight (Considered the pinnacle of the genre to this day), so any negatives the film has are squashed by the numerous positive aspects that are considered astounding triumphs by critics and fans alike.

You sound like a bot.

:bagoverhead:Just so everyone knows, I do think the guy is a talented filmmaker as evident with The PRESTIGE, but this Lord of worship the fanbase has for him over anything BATMAN related is staggeringly laughable..

I actually agree with this. The TDK trilogy IS overrated imo. And TDK is way overrated.

Although, I think his best work is Memento and Inception, not The Prestige.

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray
  • Like 1

I think his best movies are Memento and The Prestige. Ambitious but not pompous, heavy-handed and no hammering exposition for GA. And with Prestige, it's very surprising and puzzling when he fully embraces the SF/Fantastic genre (introduced by Bowie's Tesla) and don't shy away from it. That's the Nolan I like.

Edited by dashrendar44

think some people here need to learn the difference between 'plot holes' and 'plot devices'. Pretty much everything about this conversation for TDKR becomes redundant once you know the difference.

Edited by Omario
  • Like 1

lol sorry forgot to edit that...I meant Nolan added a lot of plot devices to make the film seem sooo epic...He has done that well in his past films..However he went to far and his usual clever plot twists and plot devices backfired a bit.

Ye i think i agree with you in that department, when in the film they showed talia was the person who climbed the pit it tainted my opinion on Bane and his achievements. I did not mind bane doing what he is doing for talia but some scenes in the movie just felt like wtf ok i am going to go with that, that is what happens when you go for a story so large. As a movie i would give Tdkr an 8 but my slight prejudice of it being a batman movie and i absolutely loved the last half hour or so and that for me raised it above what i think it really deserves and into a 9-10/10 movie.

• Like 1