#ED

Are You A "Nolanite"?

I'm a Die Hard Nolanite. Best director working today. Im with you all the way ED.

The Dark Knight is still to this day the craziest and best movie theater experience I have ever had. It got a standing Ovation at my IMAX screening. Inception came and my excitement was throw the roof, I knew in my head i would walk out disappointed. There was no way it could be as good as the Dark Knight. I was wrong Nolan did the impossible and he was my new favorite. But no film had more riding on it then TDKR and I dont give a fuck what anyone thinks, TDKR is a near masterpiece. 

He is the only director that I have given an A to every movie (granted I haven't seen Insomnia or the following). 

Memento A

Batman Begins A-

The Prestige A-

The Dark Knight A-

Inception A

The Dark Knight Rises A

Edited by Jay Salahi
  • Like 3

How can you worship Nolan and not have seen all his movies? :P

I'm not a Nolanite and I have seen all Nolan movies.

Crack me up people that proclaim themselves Nolanites since Inception and never bother to see Following, Imsomnia and think his Batman movies are the best of his filmography because they discovered Nolan's existence when Batman Begins was released. Goes to show you how a joke of a cinephile those people are.

Its not that ive never bothered, I've always wanted to see them. I'd pay $20 bucks right now if I could pop one in, but they would have to come my way. I've never illegally downloaded a movie, and I have a bad computer to stream or digital download. So it has to be on netflix (which my dad has but I don't), on demand. hbo, or I see it on Blu-Ray somewhere. 

I'm not a Nolanite but he's my favorite director of the 21st century just because he proves blockbusters don't have to be excessively stupid or aimed at teenagers to make big bucks.

I've only seen 4 of his films:

The Dark Knight - A+

The Dark Knight Rises - A

Batman Begins - A-

Inception - B+

He's also the only director I can think of who has not made a truly terrible (Michael Bay or Adam Sandler terrible) film

• Like 2

I wouldn't say that I'm a 'Nolanite' but I do agree he is a very good director. 2 of his films easily make my top 50 (Neither of them Batman)

I enjoyed all of his films, but personally Insomnia was a slight let down.

Edited by mrmrscott

DUDE. Seriously. Burton was fired by WB because his proposed Batman 3 was too similar in tone to the underperforming Batman Returns. You of all people should know that.You want to know what happened with Nolan? He didn't want to make TDKR. The Joker was going to be the centerpiece of future Batman movies and he was distraught by Ledger's death. But WB knows he has to make at least one more movie. So they tell him that they'll give him any budget to make any movie he wants... as long as he comes back for a third Batman movie. He makes Inception, a story he's been dreaming about telling since he was 16.Then he brings a bunch of alums from that film and tries his damnest to tie all of the films together with TDKR, committing to visual and emotional spectacle. It was well liked, not as well liked as TDKR, but it makes more money and satisfies all the fans with a super mega-happy ending that, surprisingly enough, he's never done in any of his films.

Yeah, I'll forever dream of a TDKR that had both Bane and Joker in it as it was clearly intended to be in TDK. Ledger was gone too soon for many reasons... :(

I'm  a huge fan of Nolan, but I really hated Insomnia... 

I love most of his movies but his double scenes in his movies are starting to get on my nerves (cafe scene in TDKR, beach scenes in Inception,  MAgic trick with the young girl in The Prestige) and make him somewhat predictable.  That's his only flaw in my eyes though.