#ED

Are You A "Nolanite"?

I really like Nolan and respect what he has done for the modern blockbuster.But.......it seems I notice his flaws and drawbacks more and more with each passing film. Contrary to what most Nolan fanboys will tell you, Nolan isn't already an "all-time great who has directed some of the best films ever made." I still think he's better than most, but I'd like to see him branch out a little......do something a little different and something that we haven't seen before.

• Like 1

There are no Nolanites in this thread. They all disappeared. I remember a time when a criticism of Nolan or any of his films was blasphemy. Not so much now a days.I love the Prestige, Insomnia and TDK the rest I can take or leave. I haven't seen many "In Nolan we Trust" or "This is Nolan we're talking about since the TDKR release.I did like Inception and I thought it was great up until that stupid ambiguous ending that everyone was so sure they had the answer to, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

There are no Nolanites in this thread. They all disappeared. I remember a time when a criticism of Nolan or any of his films was blasphemy. Not so much now a days.I love the Prestige, Insomnia and TDK the rest I can take or leave. I haven't seen many "In Nolan we Trust" or "This is Nolan we're talking about since the TDKR release.I did like Inception and I thought it was great up until that stupid ambiguous ending that everyone was so sure they had the answer to, lol.

I love all his movies, so im a nolanite then, and most are not here cause they care only for summer b.office Edited by zlazer
  • Like 1

I love all his movies, so im a nolanite then, and most are not here cause they care only for summer b.office

A lot of fans that were in that thread are not here now. They disappeared just like IJack did after TASM opened.

I have a feeling that we will have a lot of Whedonite's in the future, unless of cause TA2 disappoints.

This will happen and TA2 or TA3 will disappoint, it happen with every hyped movie. People have movies in their mind and they always expect the next to be way better.

This will happen and TA2 or TA3 will disappoint, it happen with every hyped movie. People have movies in their mind and they always expect the next to be way better.

Well I've been disappointed a couple of times with sequels. IM2, X3 and Spidey 3 were all very disappointing to me.

• Founder / Operator

The problem with Nolan isn't Nolan's problem at all. It is the incredibly unrealistic expectations of fans. There are always going to be people (read: crazy fan boys and fan girls) who become jealous because their favorite movie and/or filmmakers aren't getting the spotlight and unanimous praise they want. So naturally, when someone else does, they feel a false need to tear that person or movie down. This applies to any movie, director, band, book, whatever. In the world of movies, it happened to Lucas, Spielberg, Jackson, Cameron, and now is happening to Nolan. It isn't surprising, either. I think a lot of people saw this coming after TDK, and even more so after Inception.

That being said, Nolan has an incredibly strong resume but he would be the first person, I think, to put to rest any idea that he's a "god" of filmmaking. He's a master of his craft, but there is no one single master. That's an illusion created by rabid fans out of a false need for competition and/or idolatry. Even the best films in the world have flaws. That's part of the art, especially in movies.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 6