iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Yeah. Nothing really matched up. Fandango was reporting only 76% of sales were Hobbit a few days ago, and tracking had it at 95, and it was just havoc.That being said, still disappointing. The evening numbers I think will end up in rth's range instead of the new lower number for THR.

Here we go again. Estimations are deliberately lowballed because of the shooting. They don`t know how it`ll play out so they use TDKR scenario - high anticipation, tracking at _________ and than boom boom and number free-falls from tracking. So they are simply cautious. But we know that shooting won`t have the same effct hence why this number isn`t real.

I don't get the follows thing...explain?

If it acts like THG it would reach 32m. It baffles me too.

So est is about 38-40, atm i go bet 38-42 see how it looks into evening later,now as an interesting point if at the two extremes at this moment in time played like THG you'd only do 32m if it was like BD2 you'd hit 47m

I don't get the follows thing...explain?

If you do an early calculation, you have to work with the numbers you have at a certain time.

Movie A has 20m at 5p.m and ends up with 50m

Movie B has 15m at 5p.m and ends up with 50m

So movie B had better night shows and if movie C(That would be the Hobbit in this case) is at 10m at 5p.m., it would end up with 25m if it follows movie A and with 33m, if it would follow movie B.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 3

I'll grant the Newtown shooting may have a SLIGHT impact on box office but it's not going to be as significant as Aurora, which, um...happened at a friggin' showing of the movie opening that weekend.

There's something eerie about two of the worst mass shootings in recent memory taking place on the opening days of two of the year's most anticipated movies. And another planned theater shooting was thankfully stopped before it could happen during BD2's opening day.
  • Like 2