iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

FRIDAY 10 PM, 4TH UPDATE: This is the largest Christmas release of all time. The latest from my esources has The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey looking around $37M and $96M for the weekend with an ‘A’ CinemaScore from audiences. (My Warner Bros insiders peg the numbers tonight at $36M-$39M and the weekend at $81M-$89M. I’ll know more specifics in the morning.

​Ruh roh, the massive adjust down continues.
  • Like 1

I was thinking about that......man.....They had better be careful.

They should kick Lucas off their creative team effective tomorrow. Just the thought of him getting his grubby hands on the franchise and ruining the movie makes me sick.
  • Like 1

It was entirely cash grab by WB/Jackson but I don't think they ever imagined this kind of performance by TH1. This just shows how strong Potter's performance was. It maintained it's audience unlike any other franchise.

I don't remember a 10 year gap between Potter movies and a prequel (not questioning Potter's performances, just saying that's not a valid comparison...if TH movies came out a year or so in succession right after LOTR movies then it would be). Also, haters can't have it both ways...they can't post for months to a year before release that TH isn't LOTR and people aren't as interested so it'll only open to $90m and make $300-350m dom, and then now that that's happening say it's bombing...it can't be bombing if it's doing exactly what you were predicting. Edited by FTF

Could SW7 possibly underwhelm like this did?

If they go all new characters and crap on the OT, hell yes. But, I doubt they do that. Of course, they could adapt a single issue of Star Wars the comic into five movies. That would cause it to underwhelm fo sho. ;)
  • Like 1

I don't remember a 10 year gap between Potter movies and a prequel (not questioning Potter's performances, just saying that's not a valid comparison...if TH movies came out a year or so in succession right after LOTR movies then it would be). Also, haters can't have it both ways...they can't post for months to a year before release that TH isn't LOTR and people aren't as interested so it'll only open to $90m and make $300-350m dom, and then now that that's happening say it's bombing...it can't be bombing if it's doing exactly what you were predicting.

Soooo just because I predicted John Carter would fail to make 100M DOM, that means it was a success?