iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Right. Try telling that to Shawn, the editor of this site. Clearly he has no grasp of the box office, right?Just another bandwagon jumping, pompom waving, myopic, absent poster until the numbers come out poster who arrives just in time to tell everyone how stupid they all are for not seeing what you clearly saw, even though you have no prediction that any of us can see.Twit.

Please. I know many editors of movie sites who know jack about movies. This isn't a slight against the editor of this site, just saying that using it as evidence is baseless.I would certainly wait until a film has actually passed $100 million OW in December (even adjusted for inflation) before making absurd claims that a film will smoke it by $30 million.I see no reason why anyone should have expected THE HOBBIT to outgross ROTK's adjusted opening ($95 million). ROTK had much more hype and upfront demand.$85 million for THE HOBBIT is very good.

With respect to Rallax's post about Sunday box office and football, also huge games for both teams in NY, as well as Chicago, DC, Pittsburgh, Dallas, San Francisco, and New England (Boston). I know big football fans aren't necessarily big Hobbit fans, but I don't think it will help. Think WB's Sunday projections are reasonable, but guessing actuals for weekend will be a bit under, ~$83m.

I was definitely expecting it to do at least 100m for the OW, so it's a little dissapointing to me. Hopefully it can get those Holliday legs and have a high 3 or 4 multi.

December legs and lack of competition should result in 3.5x+ multi at the very least.

WTF is DOFP?

X-Men First Class 2 basically (with actors from the original trilogy thrown in the mix).

There & Back Again won't stick with July 2014.

December 2014 would not only be more consistent with the rest of the films but also as of now is competition-free. Edited by C00k13