iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

That's why the media shouldn't be on a feeding frenzy whenever a shooting happens! It inspires copycats every time it happens. I can't believe these corporations would risk the safety of more people just to get more viewer ratings and ad dollars.

People really don't need to know what the killer ate for breakfast the day of the shooting or for everyone who has ever known them to come out and say that "ooh he was such a quiet shy guy, gee how unexpected."

Edited by Les Unexpected Micerolls
  • Like 1

Mando Marx ‏@MandoMarxKSAT just said that the shooting at the Mayan was NOT a mass shooting, was the product of a dispute that started at China garden nearby

I guess that's comforting...

Personal bias, maybe, but I think Hobbit will have good legs. I can't see it as being a film that infuriates half of its audience. Also a few more possibly appealing attractions coming in the next two weeks.Though did anyone else notice that Paramount has three movies opening wide next week? I can't see that working out very well for them.

Edited by tribefan695

Time has come to get tougher gun laws because this is getting absurd.

Just saw it mentioned that Connecticut has some of the toughest gun laws in the country. Can't really account for crazy. I don't own any guns but it's the same as drinking and driving. We can outlaw booze but that isn't the problem.

I'm opposed to increased government intervention, but I think (some) Americans have to get over this notion that owning a gun is some kind of noble birthright. The Second Amendment is nothing more than a colonial hangover. There's nothing patriotic about defending its existence.