Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

What the hell is TGWDT? Seriously, why does everything on this forum need to be initialized? Many posts in this thread and others become unreadable because you need to stop and take yourself out of the sentence for a minute to think about what the person is referring to. Is it really so difficult to type out the entire name of a movie? I can't possibly be the only one bothered by this.

ASSIMILATE OR DIE. ;)
  • Like 2

The Hobbit has done fine it was never going to make the stupid numbers fanboys were thinking. The draw is just not there for it too. It is not a flop or even a disappointment.

Its certainly not a flop (it would eventually make back its money with $800m+ WW total and $290m total would not be called a flop).But given the boosts it had I thought it would atleast equal or end up close to FOTR's unadjusted numbers which is why it is a disappointing total.

The Hobbit has done fine it was never going to make the stupid numbers fanboys were thinking. The draw is just not there for it too. It is not a flop or even a disappointment.

It isn`t a flop but it is a disappointment and not just from fanboy perspective. PJ and studio obviously thought draw was there when they decided to split 2 movies into 3.Well, that`s what happens when you think that TORN ass-kissers represent what GA wants. And while 56% drop is business as usual for some other franchises it`s downright appalling for ME. The most LOTR movie dropped in its second weekend was ROTK`s 30%, the best hold was FOTR`s 18%.

I think Hobbit is a disappoinment for Jackson like Hook was a disappoinment for Spielberg.

KK was his Hook. TH still has enough fanboys in denial that TH is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below LOTR and that critical reception was right on the money. But first phase is always denial and we know how long it took for TPM to be widely regarded as a trainwreck it is. TH, while not a trainwreck, is a completely unnecessary cash grab and people see it for what it really is except some fanboys who`ll come around eventually.
  • Like 1

Compared to expectations we had, sure. Except those expectations don't really mean anything, especially when the movie still makes 850m. I could have predicted 1.3 billion for Skyfall... with the same logic, that would make it a 'disappointment' to me, no?

it is 57% down. better than forecast but another 45% drop next week will finish itthe ww total 6 months ago for this was around 1.4b expected, bear in mind it is getting artificially boosted by 3d. it might be lucky to get half the ticket sales domestically compared to ROTK what a disappointmentWW 850m means nothing for such a huge release, the budget was huge see earlier page. spiderman had a WWof around 750m but did not make a profit it barely broke even

Edited by Halba