Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

10.17m Friday13.73m Saturday (35%)11.12m Sunday (-19%)35.02m weekend (-58.6%), 148.17m tally5.45m Monday (-51%)12.4m Tuesday (128%)11.3m Wednesday (-9%)9.95m Thursday (-12%), 187.27m tally11.95m Friday (20%)12.43m Saturday (4%)10.55m Sunday (-15%)34.93m weekend, 222.2m tally8.23m Monday (-22%)9.47m Tuesday (15%)4.45m Wednesday (-53%)3.8m Thursday (-15%) (248.15m)6.46m Friday (70%)8.72m Saturday (35%)4.97m Sunday (-43%)20.15m weekend, 268.3m total.I think it's going to reach 300m. Best case scenario right now is 320m.

This could happen but I am not sure it will hold that well over the holidays. I am thinking around 250M instead. So it needs incredible Jan/Feb to hit 300M.

Funny People was fantastic and I'm a big Apatow fan, the problem with TI40 is that it just comes off as bland. There's no hook like his first two movies, and it isn't ambitious and risky like Funny People, it's just sort of there. It looks like the kind of movie Apatow could sleepwalk through (and judging from reviews, it isn't unlikely that he did).

Does anyone have FOTR/TTT/ROTK second weekend Saturday numbers? In my mind they seem so huge which, in translation, means scary and totally unacceptable for TH, so can someone post them? Also, IAL`s second weekend Saturday because TH run seems most comparable to that. BOMB TH TRILOGY BOMB!NO MORE PJ AND RINGER TERROR!

Funny People was fantastic and I'm a big Apatow fan, the problem with TI40 is that it just comes off as bland.

Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann are not leading man and lady. Apatow seems poised to run his career to the ground by trying to make Mann happen. Just let it go. Not everyone is born to be the lead and the sooner those without predisposition learn the better for them. Many character actors have fantastic careers anyway and more relevance than many leads wannabes. Edited by fishnets

And funny if u read Nikkis blurb tonight youd think The Hobbit is killing it WW. Its really strange and im not sure what shes getting out of it. I think everything went wrong with the Hobbit First the marketing was terrible in my opinion..... starting with the first trailer to the second trailer and to the posters that just showed a bunch of dwarves looking drunk and fat and stupid. To the film itself it was boring. And this BS that you have with the cinema score being an A...so misleading. Not just Skyfall but BD2 could outgross it also.

Yeah, Nikki must be on WB's spin patrol. Or maybe she's just impressed by "big" numbers. She can't not see that this is shit.
  • Like 1

Funny People was fantastic and I'm a big Apatow fan, the problem with TI40 is that it just comes off as bland. There's no hook like his first two movies, and it isn't ambitious and risky like Funny People, it's just sort of there. It looks like the kind of movie Apatow could sleepwalk through (and judging from reviews, it isn't unlikely that he did).

That's kind of why I think its multiplier isn't going to be as significant as some say. Its depressing nature that's also too close to home for a certain demographic comes off as unappealing during a season where people want more popcorn/upbeat fare. Edited by Jay Beezy

That's kind of why I think its multiplier isn't going to be as significant as some say. Its depressing nature that's also too close to home for a certain demographic comes off as unappealing during a season where people want more popcorn/upbeat fare.

TI40 was aimed at hipsters. Joe Unemployment and Joe Averige Budget cannot relate to that.

From the Deadline report:

The problem with blockbusters is they have giant openings and then giant falls. But even with a -73% drop from a week ago, Peter Jackson’s Middle Earth epic is still the big #1 domestic and international.

Is Nikki, who normally blasts movies which do not perform to expectations, actually defending a movie?

You guys are forgetting that the trilogy was all Jackson's idea. When he announced the possibility at Comic-Con, WB quickly announced that no decision had been made about a trilogy. It took weeks of negotiation on both parts to get WB to pay to shoot more next year and release a third movie.

No one is more to blame for Jackson's bloat than Jackson.

• Like 5