Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

People are twisting words. The school argument was in relation to the Monday drop. Had it held better during the week it would have had a respectable weekend drop as well. Nobody said the Tuesday increase was weak due to kids being in school.

No, the hold during the week was already bad. The Friday increase is normal for this day as seen by other movies also increasing little.

It was following I Am Legend almost to a T during the week, which was perfectly fine (it might have followed Alvin and the Chipmunks and then we'd have gotten a $101m first week... how about that?) The Friday increase is bad because it's only 53% instead of IAL's 80%. That other films also increased little only goes to show that the friday Dec 21 in 2012 is worse for BO in general than the same Friday in 2007. Not only did the expected number of people not show up for TH, they didn't for most of the other movies as well. Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 2

This is a never ending nightmare for Hobbit, just can't wake up from it. If something doesn't change real soon, it'll easily be the disappointment of the year.

Not really ;) - there were some real flops around. H1 will win its budget back with its theatrical run and that's something not granted with these kinds of budget. And I think the fans feel good about it too; it's just not as attractive to the general audience.

Not really ;) - there were some real flops around. H1 will win its budget back with its theatrical run and that's something not granted with these kinds of budget. And I think the fans feel good about it too; it's just not as attractive to the general audience.

If the run continues the way it is, Hobbit stands a chance of not breaking even or making money on its theatrical run, which I doubt anyone anticipated.