Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

Also, I don't get this angry stigma towards Apatow regarding how he makes movies about upper-middle class white people that I just started seeing this month. What the hell does it matter what class or race of people he makes movies about? The argument about self-indulgence and casting the same people (mainly his family) is semi-legitimate, but complaining about race/class is just ridiculous.

• Like 4

meh start for JR. OVER or UNDER TGWDT ?

What the hell is TGWDT? Seriously, why does everything on this forum need to be initialized? Many posts in this thread and others become unreadable because you need to stop and take yourself out of the sentence for a minute to think about what the person is referring to. Is it really so difficult to type out the entire name of a movie? I can't possibly be the only one bothered by this.

What the hell is TGWDT? Seriously, why does everything on this forum need to be initialized? Many posts in this thread and others become unreadable because you need to stop and take yourself out of the sentence for a minute to think about what the person is referring to. Is it really so difficult to type out the entire name of a movie? I can't possibly be the only one bothered by this.

Most of us are used to it, and prefer it this way. TGWDT = The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and frankly that's a huge pain in the ass to type.
  • Like 2

It bothers me also quite a lot cause I am really bad at abbreviations still most of the times I just comprehend it or get it from the poster :)

How much can Hobbit make from here? That analysis can be broken into parts:

Gross till Sunday, Jan 06

I am taking the Saturday figures as the basis of comparison and Fellowship Of The Ring, I Am Legend and National Treasure 2 as the comparisons, as for these movies the dates correspond to the dates of the week and figures are also comparable.

The grosses for these movies on Saturday, Dec 22 and the grosses from Sun, Dec 23 to Sun, Jan 6 as follows:

Movie - 22/12 - 23/12-06/01 - Multiplier

FOTR - 17.1 - 146.3 - 8.6x

IAL - 12.4 - 101.5 - 8.2x

NT2 - 15.3 - 138.8 - 9.0x

TH1 had a 14.3M Saturday. Going by the above comparisons, it is likely to do another 120-125M (130-135M High-end) till 06/01. So the total at that point would be 260M (270M High-end)

Gross after Sunday, Jan 06

The Jan 4-6 weekend going by above comparisons is likely to be 18-19M (20M High-End). For the grosses from that point on, let's look at the multipliers that various sequels got with No Oscars boost from the first weekend after new year's:

NT2: 3.4x

MI4: 3.0x

SH2: 3.2x

So TH1 is likely to gross further 40M (50M High-End) after Jan 4-6 weekend. Therefore the final gross should be exactly 300M (320M High-End).

Note: The 'High-End' figures are not the absolute maximum TH1 can get but very optimistic grosses if TH1 behaves like a normal blockbuster.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 3

It is one of the more common complaints from new users I think.... :lol:

Yep, took me a while to catch on and there are still some I have to ask about - I definitely didn't know what TGWDT stood for.

I find it funny to guess. :P TGWTDT is obvious though. (The Great Whale That Dribbled Tastelessly) Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm here just to promote the BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIES poll I added to the Christmas 2012 topic.Come vote!Please.I'm begging you.

I went to see Hotel Transylvania today! Fucking hilarious. Liked it much more than I was expecting! You were right about it!

I went to see Hotel Transylvania today! Fucking hilarious. Liked it much more than I was expecting! You were right about it!

I know! It's such a good movie, one of my favorites this year. Glad you enjoyed it, I dont get why critics gave it such crap reviews.
  • Like 1

I know! It's such a good movie, one of my favorites this year. Glad you enjoyed it, I dont get why critics gave it such crap reviews.

I don't understand either. It is so much fun!