CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

Yeah you're right but I was hoping for some very rough estimates based on past X-mas openings.

Uhm, If I had to guess I'd say in the 40s. The hard part about Christmas openers is that the last time Christmas fell on a Tuesday was 5 years ago and there's just not a lot of precedent for us to go on. Probably on it's way to ~100-120 million DOM. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

It was advertised as very violent, so I don't think people who didn't like Violent movies showed up at all.

Yes, but it is really VERY violent. Going by marketing I would never say it actually surpasses Inglorious Basterds in violence.

Yes, but it is really VERY violent. Going by marketing I would never say it actually surpasses Inglorious Basterds in violence.

Oh, I didn't know that. It was already quite violent in the trailers, and I figured that it couldn't possibly get more violent than that. I plan on seeing it was a few of my friends by the end of this week. And more violent than basterds? That doesn't bode very well for legs.....

Ahhh, yes, and it appears Flobbit's legs are being hacked off as we speak, weren't people reaching at 14m Xmas Day??? :blink: :rofl:What will be the rationale now? How much lower can we set the bar for this unexpected Flop?

Logically it should've reached 14M. Not sure what's happening. Nikki's probably still cuckoo from the drugs she's taking.
  • Like 1

Ahhh, yes, and it appears Flobbit's legs are being hacked off as we speak, weren't people reaching at 14m Xmas Day??? :blink: :rofl:What will be the rationale now? How much lower can we set the bar for this unexpected Flop?

Oh my god, I can only imagine fish reaction when she sees that...

Oh, I didn't know that. It was already quite violent in the trailers, and I figured that it couldn't possibly get more violent than that. I plan on seeing it was a few of my friends by the end of this week.

And more violent than basterds? That doesn't bode very well for legs.....

Basterds had very good legs, but I think that one was in the line between what people think it is acceptable violence and crazy violence when they go to a movie like that. Django just rapes that line.

that jump for Hobbit makes no sense. I just do not get it.

Damn, after the Monday number my enthusiasm was back and taken right back with this pathetic number. If that happens, we're in for a very very long holidays regarding Hobbit.

Considering NT2 jumped 95% on Christmas Day 2007 and I am Legend jumped about 120%, expecting a 14m Xmas Day was merely expecting Hobbit to follow precedent.
  • Like 1

Considering NT2 jumped 95% on Christmas Day 2007 and I am Legend jumped about 120%, expecting a 14m Xmas Day was merely expecting Hobbit to follow precedent.

yep, honestly this movie would be performing out of the ordinary by an extremely large amount if that number is true