Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

Funny, all this "350 is impossible for TH1" talk is giving me total deja vu to all the people here who told me 400 was "impossible" for THG for weeks and weeks on end, until whattaya know there went 400. ;)

Hunger Games did another 106m after a nearly identical 3rd weekend, while Hobbits is certainly inflated due to holidays.

Hobbit is less than $20m behind TTT through the same point now, and that gap should narrow by Tuesday. I think it can outgross it and I'm pulling for $350m. We'll see how it holds in 2013.

Some people never learn.
  • Like 2

I would assume there has to be a lot more money from avenues we don't know about....there has to be. The highest grossing Tarantino film WW is IB and that doesn't justify giving this a 150 million dollar budget (including marketing)

I recently watched Tarantino's Howard Stern interview and he said that when films would go overbudget he'd use his back-end money to finish the film. I'm assuming he has really good back-end deals. The guy is worth $90 mil according to Celebrity Networth.com and that's with none of his films being blockbusters in theaters.

Actually I could totally see Leo as Captain Nemo. Fincher + 20,000 Leagues is what sounds like the awkward combo to me.

Exactly, Leo has mastered "the obsessed man" routine. Fincher's characters always deal with some kind of unhealthy mental obsession. Perfect match in my book. Edited by dashrendar44