Plain Old Tele

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

What are you doing predicting numbers here anyway? I thought you had announced that you will stop predicting numbers if WIR didn't get 4x multiplier.BTW it is really funny that I owned you on THG 2nd weekend, TASM and TH1 total gross, but all you can seem to remember is THG late legs. ;)

Lol, I still think it's hilarious that you hold on to one weekend in a movie's gross as your crowning victory over me as a box office predictor. :lol: Why not use winning the summer game or something actually relevant? The difference between me and you is I admit when I was wrong on a movie and you can't. I was wrong on my TASM and TH1 predictions. Although you were just as wrong on TASM as me. Your prediction was 50m+ off from what actually happened, same as mine. ;) And if I'm wrong on 350m for Hobbit I'll be wrong on that. I'm not even officially predicting it merely saying it's definitely possible. And BTW, I think I've more than paid up on our TASM bet and will be removing that heinous quote in my signature now. :D Halle-freakin-lujah. Edited by HobbitMan89

FOTR gained 13% of its gross after Oscar nominations were announced.TTT gained 5%.ROTK gained 9%, but had the benefit of Oscar noms being announced a couple of weeks earlier than FOTR or TTT.

Why are we using movies with MUCH BETTER WOM from 10 YEARS AGO with OSCAR BOOSTS to gauge late legs?

Lol, I still think it's hilarious that you hold on to one weekend in a movie's gross as your crowning victory over me as a box office predictor. :lol: Why not use winning the summer game or something actually relevant? The difference between me and you is I admit when I was wrong on a movie and you can't. I was wrong on my TASM and TH1 predictions. Although you were just as wrong on TASM as me. Your prediction was 50m+ off from what actually happened, same as mine. ;) And if I'm wrong on 350m for Hobbit I'll be wrong on that. I'm not even officially predicting it merely saying it's definitely possible. And BTW, I think I've more than paid up on our TASM bet and will be removing that heinous quote in my signature now. :D Halle-freakin-lujah.

What did you have in your sig till now? I have sigs off in my settings so I couldn't see.