The Dark Alfred

Monday numbers, DU #1

hobbit will probably not hit double digit this weekend. Since its a normal weekend with 3 major releases, it will drop around 45% like this week.

Agreed. Should be close though.9.5-10.0m weekend.

I wonder how well Django will hold... on one hand, WOM is spectacular and Oscar noms will help it. On the other hand, Gangster Squad and ZDT are fairly direct competition and could combine for 40m+.

We're not sure how many nods Django will get. It could disappoint and only get like 3.

I think Django will hold very well. One of the reasons is that I believe it has a ton of support from the black community as well. I don't think it will drop very hard this weekends at all. I look for it drop by about 42-45%. And then the weekend after give it a 30-35% drop.

Django will target 200m. Tue numbers: DU 25% up, Les Mis +19%, overtakes TH, which had a moderate increase. Chainsaw 4% down, Reacher 27% up.

Can you give us numbers with this? If so, open the Tuesday thread....I have a feeling these are the only numbers we'll get for a while.

I find this really hard to swallow given the amount of times the "N" word is said in this movie.. I would think they'd be rather offended by it, just like Spike Lee appears to be...

Opening on Christmas Day, 42 percent of Django's initial audience was black, according to exit polling data. TWC estimates that the percentage now is holding steady at about 30 percent, while a look at the top-performing theaters for Django further confirms that it has crossed over, playing to both white and black moviegoers.

Baumer's right. 42% is a high number, especially for this kind of movie...
  • Like 1

I find this really hard to swallow given the amount of times the "N" word is said in this movie.. I would think they'd be rather offended by it, just like Spike Lee appears to be...

I have four black friends who have seen it and they were not bothered by it at all. spike Lee is a jealous and angry film maker who has always felt that he should have the success that guys like QT and Singleton have had over the years. The only way for him to stay relevant is to bitch and complain about things.

This is a movie about slavery. The N word is going to prevalent.

Baumer's right. 42% is a high number, especially for this kind of movie...

Also, this guy is epic. He commented on a Hollywood Reporter article:

While whites are busy getting offended on our behalf, they miss completely why we are going to see this film. It's a bIack man kiIIings white people in masses. I will pay to see that every time. I've seen this film 3 times so far and am going again Saturday night. It's an awesome movie.

• Like 2