grim22

Movie trailers premiering during SuperBowl 2013

Warner Bros. hasn't advertised at Super Bowl for years Man of Steel and Pacific Rim isn't looking to happen.I can't recall any film scheduled past August having a spot so CF and/or Thor are very unlikely.Disney, Paramount and Universal are the most frequent advertisers so expect those. Fox and Sony is usually 50/50 on delivering a spot or not.

Edited by C00k13

Disney: Oz, IM3, Monsters U and maybe Lone Ranger.Universal: Almost definitely a Despicable Me 2 spot in addition to F&F6 and maybe Oblivion.Fox: Die Hard and The Croods, and maybe The Heat.Sony: After Earth and maybe White House Down/Grown Ups 2Lionsgate: Doubt we see a Catching Fire ad this far away. I think they'll sit this out.Paramount: Maybe Pain and Gain and World War Z plus Star Trek 2

Edited by tribefan695

We may see some longer ads this year, and the price is now running up around $7.5 million

http://www.latimes.c...0,4402413.story

But that is for the longer TV Spots. The average 30 seconds spot probably still costs around 4M.

The only movie with an 1 minute TV Spot in the last 2 years was Battleship, and that was because Universal paid much less for it than usual.

Edited by CJohn

• Founder / Operator

As exciting as these are for movie fans, I've really started to question the value of advertising huge profile movies at $5-7.5 million per minute over the last few years. Studios can spend the money more effectively somewhere else. Not surprised that WB is sitting this out after doing so with TDK, Inception, Potter and TDKR. Good on them for not wasting the money.

• Like 2

Not a movie one but a Super Bowl Commercial. One from Mercedes-Benz was leaked with Kate Upton. Most said it was lame as it involved only Kate Teasing with Bubbles. And then showing Mercedes-Benz guys washing a car while looking at Kate. Lame.