Jack Nevada

Your local movie theater

This is the cinema I normally go to in Ipswich, UK

11 screens, including 1 IMAX screen (installed just in time for Skyfall last year)

Posted Image

I pay £15 a month for an unlimited amount of films, so price is pretty good for me as I defiantly get my money's worth :)

Plus there is a Nando's right near which is good! ( not sure if you have this in the US)

Nando's :)

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

I love the fact that some of the posters are in normal English. Do you guys learn English from an early age?

That is because these days most English language movie titles go untranslated. And yeah, they start teaching you English on the 3rd grade. Most finns, especially in cities, are really fluent in English compared to some other countries.

That is because these days most English language movie titles go untranslated.

And yeah, they start teaching you English on the 3rd grade. Most finns, especially in cities, are really fluent in English compared to some other countries.

I envy you, I didn't start French until I was 11, and German until I was 12.

Here is the inauspicious outside of my local Cineworld

Posted Image

And here's a look at the current schedule for it:

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/cinemas/20?cookieLevel=1111&locale=GB&secure=false&embedded=false&fallback=false&gbLocale=true&isMobileAgent=false

Gravity is absolutely Caning it!

Here's the current schedule of my theater:

THOR: THE DARK WORLD: Sat 16:30 Thurs 17:00 Fri 16:00

GRAVITY: Fri/Sat 19:00 Sun 18:30 Mon 19:00 Tues 17:00  Wed/Thurs 20:30

ESCAPE PLAN: Fri/Sat 21:00 Sun 19:30 Mon/Tues 20:45 Wed 18:30

TURBO: Sun 16:15

PLANES: Sun 12:30

LOTTA JA KUUKIVEN SALAISUUS: Fri 17:15 Sat 12:30 Sun 14:15 Mon/Tues 16:45

LEIJONASYDÄN: Fri/Sat 18:15 Sun 16:45 Mon/Tues 18:30 Wed 17:15 Thurs 16:45

KALEVALA - UUSI AIKA: Sat 14:15 Mon/Tues/Wed 17:45

THE COUNSELOR: Fri/Sat 20:30 Sun 19:15 Mon/Tues/Wed 20:00

DIANA: Sat 16:00 Mon/Tues/Wed 16:15

THE WORLD'S END: Mon/Tues/Wed 21:00

SELÄNNE: Mon/Tues 18:45

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

That looks like an INCREDIBLE place to watch a movie!!!

Before the renovations, the theater experience was a bit haggard, honestly. The theater wasn't stadium seating and sound was a bit echoey. But in spite of that it was an incredible place to see fanboy movies: it seated over a thousand, so a packed house was insane.

I haven't been there since the renovations, but it sounds like they've really improved the screen, seating, and sound. A few seats have been removed, but it still seats over 900 people.

Definitely if you visit LA you've got to go visit. And, of course, the outside with all the famous hand-prints in the concrete is a must-see too.

• Like 2

Palads Bio København 

Here is the one I go to see the big movies, bit expensive, but it's worth it, when you get the best of the best in the country. It's a theater in the of nights for exciting movies. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is also this one in the city that I also go to sometimes. 

Imperial Bio København

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 6

J Centre Cinema is the nearest one to me, and it's my preferred one as well.

It has 2 screens and has the best prices in my city. It also showcases a lot of trailers before showings, so that's another plus for me.

Also, it's the only cinema in my city not owned by a big national company/theater chain.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by kaijukurt

I've got two i really like, The local Cinemark-Century 16, and The Regal Tikahtnu 16.

Cinemark-Century 16:

Posted Image

-A Kewl overhead of the local Century theater in Winter.

Regal Tikahtnu 16:

Posted Image

-Kewl outside view of the theater around 2010, the large screening room opposite the IMAX is an RPX screen now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Interior lobby, and concessions

Posted Image

-RPX side, its got a kewl entry, will take a pic next time I'm at the theater

Posted Image

-IMAX screening room, love this massive screen, best sound system i have ever heard.

• Like 5

Tons of theaters in my area (probably close to a hundred in fact).  I'll name some of the ones that I've been to.  I've got pretty sharp memory so I'll try to name the films I've watched at each as well.

Here's the closest, it's about walking distance.

Regal Fox Cinemas Brambleton

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right by the High School, gets pretty crowded with the school kids in the evenings and weekends.  Has 1 LieMAX screen.

Films seen: Zohan, Scream 4, Shutter Island, Inception, The Dark Knight, Shrek 4, Half Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows Part 1, Deathly Hallows Part 2, Conjuring, The Last Exorcism, Wall-E, TF3, Slumdog, American Hustle (2x), Frozen, Hobbit 2, Gravity (LieMAX 3D), Lego Movie, Spectre, 

Cobb 12 Leesburg

Posted Image

Posted Image

Slightly newer Cobb opened about 5 minutes away.  Only theater I know of in the DC Metro area with D-Box seats. 

Films Seen: Skyfall

Regal Countryside 20 Sterling

Posted Image

Much larger shopping complex than the other two, and most screens in the immediate area (about 10 minutes away from home).  Dulles Town Center Mall is opening another Regal literally right across the street.  Plays most Bollywood films as well

Films seen: 3 Idiots, Cocktail, Guzaarish

Edited by spizzer