Jack Nevada

Your local movie theater

Nice topic, here's my two cents.

I live in Lisbon, Portugal, so I have many "local" theaters... well, not as many as other bigger cities, but you get my point.

My local theater is located in Colombo Shopping Center. It has 10 regular screens and 1 IMAX screen (the only IMAX screen in Portugal right now).

Screen 1 - 237 seats

Screen 2 - 88 seats

Screen 3 - 239 seats

Screen 4 - 364 seats

Screen 5 - 364 seats

Screen 6 - 291 seats

Screen 7 - 99 seats

Screen 8 - 259 seats

Screen 9 - 220 seats

Screen 10 - 363 seats

IMAX - 373 seats

Shopping Center:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's very hard to find a decent official picture of the theater lobby, so this is arround HP7 release:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I live in Lisbon, Portugal, so I have many "local" theaters... well, not as many as other bigger cities, but you get my point.

My local theater is located in Colombo Shopping Center. It has 10 regular screens and 1 IMAX screen (the only IMAX screen in Portugal right now).

Screen 1 - 237 seats

Screen 2 - 88 seats

Screen 3 - 239 seats

Screen 4 - 364 seats

Screen 5 - 364 seats

Screen 6 - 291 seats

Screen 7 - 99 seats

Screen 8 - 259 seats

Screen 9 - 220 seats

Screen 10 - 363 seats

IMAX - 373 seats

Shopping Center:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's very hard to find a decent official picture of the theater lobby, so this is arround HP7 release:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Welcome to the forum, mtX

Screen 1 - 237 seats

Screen 2 - 88 seats

Screen 3 - 239 seats

Screen 4 - 364 seats

Screen 5 - 364 seats

Screen 6 - 291 seats

Screen 7 - 99 seats

Screen 8 - 259 seats

Screen 9 - 220 seats

Screen 10 - 363 seats

IMAX - 373 seats

Shopping Center:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It doesn't have 10 screens anymore. It has 8. 2 of them were destroyed to build the IMAX screen.

here is a theater I go to

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

biggest screen 80 feet wide and 4 stories tall.

At college I would go here

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a 2nd theater I go into college. This a local theater and once month they offer $1 movie tickets for college students

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 6

It doesn't have 10 screens anymore. It has 8. 2 of them were destroyed to build the IMAX screen.

Well, I have no idea. That was the official infromation from the website. Truth is they are still making some alterations to the theater structure (a couple of months ago I went there and they had another room which has now disappeared - maybe another IMAX? That would be great, but they're probably focusing on the other IMAX screen they're planning on oppening in the north of the country). So... the website is wrong?Regards

Well, I have no idea. That was the official infromation from the website. Truth is they are still making some alterations to the theater structure (a couple of months ago I went there and they had another room which has now disappeared - maybe another IMAX? That would be great, but they're probably focusing on the other IMAX screen they're planning on oppening in the north of the country). So... the website is wrong?Regards

The website is wrong. They forgot to delete screens 9 and 10. If you notice, there are no movies on those screens since April, the month they started to build the IMAX screen.

My baby.

Posted Image

Home to a "true"  15/70 IMAX screen, 66x90, We also have an RPX with Dolby Atmos 100,000 watt theater that seats 582. 3 other Large screens (The Chinese, The Egyptian, The Hollywood) They boast 550 seats each. 

Its my favorite theater and Ive been coming here since I was a kid. Im the kind of person who only likes to do things the best way possible. I see almost every blockbuster opening night here cause the crowds are just awesome. When seeing a movie in IMAX every trailer gets thunderous applause. It feels more like a concert almost then a movie. I remember TDK got a standing ovation! It truly is my favorite way to see a movie. 

For TDKR they had 16 midnight shows sold out. thats over $75,000 bucks for 1 showtime.

Edited by Jay Salahi
  • Like 9

My baby.

Posted Image

Home to a "true"  15/70 IMAX screen, 66x90, We also have an RPX with Dolby Atmos 100,000 watt theater that seats 582. 3 other Large screens (The Chinese, The Egyptian, The Hollywood) They boast 550 seats each. 

Its my favorite theater and Ive been coming here since I was a kid. Im the kind of person who only likes to do things the best way possible. I see almost every blockbuster opening night here cause the crowds are just awesome. When seeing a movie in IMAX every trailer gets thunderous applause. It feels more like a concert almost then a movie. I remember TDK got a standing ovation! It truly is my favorite way to see a movie. 

For TDKR they had 16 midnight shows sold out. thats over $75,000 bucks for 1 showtime.

:wub: My baby too!

Edited by StarSaber
  • Like 4

My local theater.. if you can call it that like 50mins away :( is crap. tiny little run down theater with 2 screens, there is one about the same distance that is quite a bit better about 8 screens I think, good seats, not IMAX though, and overpriced if you asked me, there is also a other theater a little better then the one in the town I work but it is also only a two screen and usually plays the same movies which are almost always the big blockerbusters and animations. man I need to move to a better city.  although, they are actually working on a new theater in my town that is surpose to have all the latest technology (well probably 3D) cause I think it will only be six screens, still much better then 2  

Edited by Kalo21

My local theater.. if you can call it that like 50mins away :( is crap. tiny little run down theater with 2 screens, there is one about the same distance that is quite a bit better about 8 screens I think, good seats, not IMAX though, and overpriced if you asked me, there is also a other theater a little better then the one in the town I work but it is also only a two screen and usually plays the same movies which are almost always the big blockerbusters and animations. man I need to move to a better city.  although, they are actually working on a new theater in my town that is surpose to have all the latest technology (well probably 3D) cause I think it will only be six screens, still much better then 2  

That sucks

yeah, but it's not that bad. I usually find a way to go to a nice theater if it's something I want to see, and If I don't care that much the crappy theater is only $3.00 a ticket. but if I lived closer to a movie theater I would go to the movies more.

yeah, but it's not that bad. I usually find a way to go to a nice theater if it's something I want to see, and If I don't care that much the crappy theater is only $3.00 a ticket. but if I lived closer to a movie theater I would go to the movies more.

You must live in very low populated area.

My baby.

Posted Image

I want a theater like this my town.

• Like 3

You must live in very low populated area.

where  I live is actually more of a vacation home residence in the mountains, very pretty but very secluded, they have a restaurant/welcome center, but that's about it.

Posted Image

I live in a small, rural south Georgia town in the States.  A few years ago the only "indoor" theater closed.  Now we simply have the oldest, operational twin screen drive-in in Georgia. 

It's cool for the atmosphere on certain films.  It has digital projectors on both screens.  But for the most part... it sucks for event films.

Edited by MagnetMan
  • Like 5