Jack Nevada

Your local movie theater

I want a theater like this my town.

Living in So Cal spoils you. I have 19 movie theaters within 10 miles of me. And 3 Imax screens. It makes me sad to hear some people have to drive hours just to see a movie on a proper screen, especially my fellow movie nerds. I wish I could rent out the Imax screen and fly all of the fourms out to watch a movie.
  • Like 10

Living in So Cal spoils you. I have 19 movie theaters within 10 miles of me. And 3 Imax screens. It makes me sad to hear some people have to drive hours just to see a movie on a proper screen, especially my fellow movie nerds.I wish I could rent out the Imax screen and fly all of the fourms out to watch a movie.

If I win the lottery, I'll build a huge theater in my hometown (built to my super-nerdy specifications) and hold a lottery on here for who I'll fly out to the opening night.

Living in So Cal spoils you. I have 19 movie theaters within 10 miles of me. And 3 Imax screens. It makes me sad to hear some people have to drive hours just to see a movie on a proper screen, especially my fellow movie nerds. I wish I could rent out the Imax screen and fly all of the fourms out to watch a movie.

Yep that's me I drive an hr to a reg theatre and two for IMAX

If I win the lottery, I'll build a huge theater in my hometown (built to my super-nerdy specifications) and hold a lottery on here for who I'll fly out to the opening night.

I would love to create my own theater

It would have 30 screens.

Imax  real screen 100 feet high and 125 feet wide 700 seats

Three 4K digital theater  55 feet high and 85 feet wide 500 seats

The rest of the screens would be 35 feet high and 75 feet wide  300 seats

A full bar and restaurant.

• Like 3

I would love to create my own theater

It would have 30 screens.

Imax  real screen 100 feet high and 125 feet wide 700 seats

Three 4K digital theater  55 feet high and 85 feet wide 500 seats

The rest of the screens would be 35 feet high and 75 feet wide  300 seats

A full bar and restaurant.

My idea for building my own theatre is much more modest.

8 screens

One 4K screen with 350 seats around 30/40ft tall

At minimum 150 seats in all other screens barring one luxury screen with 30

Absolutely no charging for 3D

Either a classic movie or a limited release done for one day only every two or 4 weeks

My idea for building my own theatre is much more modest.

8 screens

One 4K screen with 350 seats around 30/40ft tall

At minimum 150 seats in all other screens barring one luxury screen with 30

Absolutely no charging for 3D

Either a classic movie or a limited release done for one day only every two or 4 weeks

How would you make money?

Or would you just go the Charles Foster Kane route? :P

This is technically the closest movie theater to me but for the past year its been in a identity crisis. This is a really old theater, they just made some upgrades to it in the past few years. For the past year it went from a second run theater to first run theater and now its back to a second run theater. The prices are really reasonable, only cost 5.25 for movie ticket. Its my choice to go see a movie if the movie is getting bad of word of mouth.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum

I know but it just reopened tomorrow, 5 bucks is still half the price of the first run theater 

Damn that theater was 10$. I love how my local theater is an 18 screen and it is $7 at night and $5 during matinee. Plus they have a huge 4k screen 80 feet wide and 3 stories tall and theater is $9.

Damn that theater was 10$. I love how my local theater is an 18 screen and it is $7 at night and $5 during matinee. Plus they have a huge 4k screen 80 feet wide and 3 stories tall and theater is $9.

The first theater I posted on Page 3 is the $10 buck theater. Its the 10 screen Regal. The Heights which is the one I just posted is the only other theater in the county but its only 1 screen, and played the same movie for 2 weeks straight during its first run status and it only went up to 8 bucks. With the new ownership the price is down to 5 bucks and went back to second run theater.

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum

This is the cinema I normally go to in Ipswich, UK

11 screens, including 1 IMAX screen (installed just in time for Skyfall last year)

Posted Image

I pay £15 a month for an unlimited amount of films, so price is pretty good for me as I defiantly get my money's worth :)

Plus there is a Nando's right near which is good! ( not sure if you have this in the US)