Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Saying you're not a fan of John Williams is sort of like saying you're not a fan of movie scores. 

Star Wars, ET, Jaws, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Superman. It's all him. 

He could have never done another score and the ones listed above would make him more than an oscar winner, but a legend Mr. Gopher...a legend.

• Like 1

What was the last truly great Williams score ???I heard he is retiring, is that true ???

I really like the War Horse score. I have it on iTunes, but the last one I can actually hun out large portions just from watching the movie would probably be Potter.

After watching In the Loop for the 5th time I still cant comprehend just how fucking good Peter Capaldi is in that movie. Its the most jaw-dropping, furious comedic performance I've seen.. and he didnt get an Oscar nomination.No justiceAlso Adrien Brody should have got a nomination for Midnight in Paris. He was hilarious

• Like 3

I still wish Corey Stoll had been recognized for Midnight in Paris last year. Seriously, I've referenced or heard his performance referenced every single time Hemingway has been brought up in one of the English classes I'm student-teaching.

I'm seeing Argo again on Friday at my school. It's still so strange that it appears to be back in the driver's seat after the Affleck snub.

After watching In the Loop for the 5th time I still cant comprehend just how fucking good Peter Capaldi is in that movie. Its the most jaw-dropping, furious comedic performance I've seen.. and he didnt get an Oscar nomination.No justice

Tom Hollander should have been considered for a nom too. He's the heart of the movie, and in the end you can't help but feel sorry for him despite all the stupid things he said and did. 

BTW, you ever seen The Thick of It? So much more Malcolm Tucker greatness.

It's a shame Stoll didn't get recognised. But SPC started campaigning him way too late and e had neither the reviews nor the buzz to overcome that obstacle. :( Maybe if SPC realised what they could've done earlier he might've been recognised at least somewhere.

After watching In the Loop for the 5th time I still cant comprehend just how fucking good Peter Capaldi is in that movie. Its the most jaw-dropping, furious comedic performance I've seen.. and he didnt get an Oscar nomination.No justice

Got to agree there, he made me choke I was laughing so much. He's the only character that's made me cry with laughter with just fury and profanity.
  • Like 2

One thing puzzled me about Lincoln:Sally Field was about 65 and the actor playing her son was 12. How the hell did a 53 year old woman give birth, or get pregnant, in the 1860's?

I guess cos Sally Field wasn't playing a character that was her age...