Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

I'm calling it (again). SLP will get big 5. It's gonna break out like crazy after all these nominations and the academy won't ignore an audience favorite. Lincoln will get some techs to start off the night like Hugo did last year, but that's it. Weinstein gets three in a row:circles:

• Like 1

How was the film? I'm seeing Reacher in 5 minutes

Loved it. Best romantic comedy/drama I have seen in years. Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper deserve those nominations and I hope SLP wins the big one. Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

My current predictions with some alternates:

BEST PICTURE: Lincoln (Alternate: Silver Linings Playbook)

BEST DIRECTOR: Steven Spielberg, Lincoln (Alternate: David O. Russell, Silver Linings Playbook)

BEST ACTOR: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln (Alternate: Bradley Cooper, Silver Linings Playbook)

BEST ACTRESS: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook (Alternate: Jessica Chastain, Silver Linings Playbook)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln (Alternate: Phillip Seymour Hoffman, The Master)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables (Alternate: Sally Field, Lincoln)

ANIMATED FEATURE: Frankenweenie (Alternate: Wreck-It Ralph)

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM: Amour

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: How To Survive A Plague

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: Lincoln (Alternate: Argo)

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Zero Dark Thirty (Alternate: Django Unchained)

CINEMATOGRAPHY: Skyfall (Alternate: Life of Pi)

COSTUME DESIGN: Anna Karenina

FILM EDITING: Argo

MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

ORIGINAL SCORE: Life of Pi (Alternate: Argo)

ORIGINAL SONG: "Skyfall," Skyfall (Alternate: “Suddenly,” Les Miserables)

PRODUCTION DESIGN: Life of Pi

ANIMATED SHORT: Paperman

LIVE ACTION SHORT: No clue

DOCUMENTARY SHORT: No clue

SOUND EDITING: Life of Pi

SOUND MIXING: Les Miserables

VISUAL EFFECTS: Life of Pi

I'm calling it (again). SLP will get big 5. It's gonna break out like crazy after all these nominations and the academy won't ignore an audience favorite. Lincoln will get some techs to start off the night like Hugo did last year, but that's it. Weinstein gets three in a row :circles:

Yeha, I don`t know why pundits call Linc vs Pi race when SLP is obivously a huge breakout here. It scored every single big nom - BP, BD, BS, BA, BA, BSA, BSA, BE

Lincoln is going to sweep. SLP has 8 noms, which is truly impressive, but how many cats does it have a shot to win?BP - can happenBD - Russell won't upset Lincoln, even if SLP wins BPBest actor - very unlikely that Cooper beats DDLBest actress - JLaw has it in the bagBest supp. actor - it's anyone's game, but realistically De Niro is behind Jones and Hoffman and I'd say even WaltzBest supp. actress - it's Fields vs. HathawayBest adapted screenplay - I still think it's going to be Lincoln, but Russell might win this oneBest editing - no chanceSo it has a realistic shot at 5 cats and 2 of them are very unlikely. I think the best case scenario for SLP is 3 wins, screenplay, JLaw and either Cooper or De Niro.

I really hope PSH wins SAG and the oscar. I just wanna see the look on TLJ's face

Yeah. I can't believe they're going to award the oscar to Tommy Lee Jones with a wig playing Tommy Lee Jones in real life.

Yeha, I don`t know why pundits call Linc vs Pi race when SLP is obivously a huge breakout here. It scored every single big nom - BP, BD, BS, BA, BA, BSA, BSA, BE

Is Kargar saying that? Because if he is, then he knows something we don't and you'd better believe him. That guy's a fucking psychic, Weaver, Sydow, ELAIC, and all the weird noms every year he calls.

What a fucking joke, apparently ZDT, Argo, Django made themselves.

I've seen several people say that today. However, it's kind of silly. Not that I agree with some of the snubs. But, with up to 10 BP noms and only 5 BD noms you are always going to say that about 1-5 films per year. They can't all be nominated for both.
  • Like 1