Schindler's List

53 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Schindler's List

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

one of the most powerful viewing experiences in film historyI really feel everyone should be required to see this movie, its humanity portrayed at its highest of highs and the opposite of thatand Liam Neeson got robbed for Best Actor with all due respect to Tom Hanks in Philadelphia (my favorite actor as well)Ben Kinglsey and Ralph FIennes are legendary as well

• Like 1

Appropriate that my first review on the new site should be dedicated to the most moving, powerful, and best film of all time, Schindler's List. From top-notch acting, with a compelling lead by Neeson, who dominates as Oskar Schindler in one of the most moving roles I've seen on screen, to powerful storytelling, it's a must see. Fiennes delivers a haunting performance as psychotic Amon Goeth, the new "caretaker" of the camp. His performance is as captivating as Neeson's. Ben Kingsley also delivers a stunning performance. All around, excellent acting. The story is superbly crafted, and the ending is a tear-jerker. One of the greatest scenes in cinematic history is Schindler's personal epiphany of ways he could have helped save more Jews, by selling a car or a ring, etc. Very moving scene in a bleak and tearjerking movie that should be witnessed by everyone.A+

One of the most emotionally draining movies I've ever seen, but also one of the best viewing experiences I've had. Such a poignant piece of film history done with class. Neeson and Fiennes haven't been better and should've won in their respective categories. The cinematography is one of my favorites of all time, and the girl with the red coat is one of my favorite scenes of all time. Every person should see this at least once in their life. Speilberg hasn't made a better film since.A+

• Like 6

One of the most emotionally draining movies I've ever seen, but also one of the best viewing experiences I've had. Such a poignant piece of film history done with class. Neeson and Fiennes haven't been better and should've won in their respective categories. The cinematography is one of my favorites of all time, and the girl with the red coat is one of my favorite scenes of all time. Every person should see this at least once in their life. Speilberg hasn't made a better film since.A+

don't know about better, but hard for any film to be as powerful or as emotionally draining

one of the most powerful viewing experiences in film historyI really feel everyone should be required to see this movie, its humanity portrayed at its highest of highs and the opposite of that

One of the most emotionally draining movies I've ever seen, but also one of the best viewing experiences I've had.

From top-notch acting, with a compelling lead by Neeson, who dominates as Oskar Schindler in one of the most moving roles I've seen on screen, to powerful storytelling, it's a must see. Fiennes delivers a haunting performance as psychotic Amon Goeth, the new "caretaker" of the camp. His performance is as captivating as Neeson's. Ben Kingsley also delivers a stunning performance. All around, excellent acting. The story is superbly crafted, and the ending is a tear-jerker.

What more can I say? Such a fantastic film.

• Like 2

This is why we watch movies. A masterfully crafted film that never loses your attention throughout the whole three hours. The writing, directing, acting, cinematography, editing, score are all of the greatest quality and this is without doubt one of the best movies ever made.

10/10

• Like 1

I was not prepared for what I was about to see when I sat down to watch this.  I think Jaws and Raiders and ET are my favourite Spielberg films, but I can't say they are better made than this.  An utterly devastating masterpiece.

Like some of you have mentioned, I saw it once and it was very hard for me to watch it a second time.  It sucks the air out of you.

10/10

• Like 2

The filmmaking on display is so good it transcends the utter blackness of the subject matter. I saw it five times in theaters. The first time, it was still in limited release, and I drove 40 miles to San Francisco to see it by myself (I was 19 and none of my friends were interested). There was this old man seated next to me (honestly, I didn't even really notice him until the end), and when the credits were rolling and everyone in the theater was just sitting there, pole-axed, he turned to me and said, "I was there, in one of those camps."I was so flabbergasted and stunned all I could manage was, "oh wow..." (Surely one of the more idiotic things I could've said), and then he got up and left.The 40-mile drive back home was a thoughtful and powerful one.

• Like 7

I saw it when I was in University in Ottawa.  Saw it with 4 friends.  We drove home in silence.  No one knew what to say.  You're just speechless after watching something like that.  IMO, Spielberg didn't need that film to show us how good a film maker he was but for all those who just thought of him as someone who directed light hearted movies for kids, they never thought that again after this.  And I don't think you'll ever have another director have a year the way he did in 93.  Jurassic Park destroyed box office records and then Schindler's List kills it at the Oscars.  

• Like 3