Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

Winner of BP MUST HAVE JOHN GOODMAN!!! ;):lol::P

Monsters U ;) (Okay just the frontrunner in animated feature but I have to say this)

So lately there were 2 BPs in a row that featured Guy Pearce (The Hurt Locker and The King's Speech) and then two that featured Goodman (The Artist and Argo). I wonder who will be the supporting actor to feature in the next couple of BP winners.  ;) He also should be without nominations himself, as Pearce and Goodman were never nominated for anything themselves.

Ugh, there were like 15 awards contenders that I was looking forward to at this point last year. I can't really care about more than 2 or 3 of those films.

Really? I'm looking forward to a lot more films than last year.

So Harvey has 4 contenders this year ? Crazy ...

August : Osage County, this year's Lincoln as far as Oscar  bait 101.

Fruitvale: The Sundance wonder indie that could.

Grace of Monaco : Famous people playing famous people. Check.

Mandela : Long Walk for Freedom. The white guilt movie of the year, gotta have at least one.

I think he also bought Lovelace with Amanda Seyfried.

I hope Chiwetel Ejiofor is nominated for that Steve McQueen slave movie, since he's a wonderful and underrated actor. But he probably won't make it because Steve McQueen isn't an Academy friendly flimmaker and by that time slavery will be seen as "soooo last year."

Doesn't even have date, when will it get one?

Guys, there`s no such thing as blockbuster spot, in the sense that a movie is typical blockbuster (`splosions, SFX, ridiculous budget). Last two years confirm it. Heck, there were 9 BP nominees last time meaning they made a cut off before Skyfall (which was nominated for PGA). OTOH, we had 6 nominees that made over $100 mio although they weren`t typicla stuff that gets there (Linc, DU, Pi, Les Miz, SLP, Argo).

So if Grvaity and/or Elyseum are to get in, it won`t be because of the fabled "blockbuster spot". It`ll be because there`s a real passion for the movies or in Ric version "guilds shoe-horned AMPAS into voting for SaBu Fi".

:excited: 251 days left to go. And it comes out right around my Birthday :P

So we are in for "86th Academy Awards Winners - SADNESS" when Streep fails to collect her 4th. :P

OK, can we discuss actors in this thread too? Leo goes gay :wub: , Cumberbatch goes Chastain x 2, Fassy goes Leo in DU, Nanny and Botox become Princesses, JLaw becomes a murderess, Woodley tries to repeat JLaw, Julia and Blanchitto are back, oh my!

So we are in for "86th Academy Awards Winners - SADNESS" when Streep fails to collect her 4th. :P

OK, can we discuss actors in this thread too? Leo goes gay :wub: , Cumberbatch goes Chastain x 2, Fassy goes Leo in DU, Nanny and Botox become Princesses, JLaw becomes a murderess, Woodley tries to repeat JLaw, Julia and Blanchitto are back, oh my!

It'll be "86th Academy Award Winners - GLOBAL FUCKING CATASTROPHE." ;) But she won't so everything's all right :P

Next season will be such a shit show. So many baity roles. 

I think 2013 will be a bad year for quailty.

I disagree. There's too much talent in this year for it to suck in quality. Malick, Scorsese, Cuaron, Coens, Goddess Meryl, Bullock, Spencer, JLaw, Chastain, Senor Blanchitto, Leo, and etc. 

Such as? Lets see if your list matches ADF.

Dench in Philomena (Script is fairly well done, and the role is baity as hell. Nun looking for her lost son)

Streep and the rest of the cast in August: Osage County (Self explanatory. Anything Streep does is pure Oscar gold, and this role is uber-ultra baity. A once in a lifetime thing.)

JLaw in Serena and Abscam ( Don't think Abscam will be 2013 though. They haven't even shot yet. Serena on the other hand could be a huge mess. None of the production crew make me feel comfortable in saying that it'll even be decent)

Kidman in Grace

Nanny in Diana

Everyone in Twelve Years a Slave

Bullock in Gravity

Cotillard in Lowlife

Entirety of Fruitvale

Leo and Dujardin in Wolf on Wall Street

And the list goes on, but I can't be bothered to list them all.